Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning message

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Karol-Or
344 Views, 5 Replies

Returning message

I get this message although i pressed Gereta files on RMB

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Karol-Or

When working with iparts/iassemblies I find its necessary to do the following procedure when starting a new drawing and even opening an existing drawing even if you haven't changed the factory at all.. Not sure why as I've never had time to dig into it and just live with it..

in the factory do a rebuild all, then save then generate members then save again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
Cadmanto

It doesn't take much sometimes for the system to think that the members need to be regenerated.

I think it is a good idea to rebuild the factory before regenerating them.

Are you using vault by any chance?  I ask, because the most up to date members should be in the vault so you know that you are inserting the latest and greatest into your assemblies.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 6
Karol-Or
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

in the factory do a rebuild all, then save then generate members then save again.

What is a factory? is it a row in the table?

And where is the Rebulid All command?

Message 5 of 6
mcgyvr

@Karol-Or wrote:

@mcgyvr wrote:

What is a factory? is it a row in the table?

And where is the Rebulid All command?

In the ipart/iassembly world the main ipt or iam file is called the "factory".. The variations you create are called the "members"

rebuild all is on the manage tab in the update section

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 6
Cadmanto

Another way to look at it is the ipart/iassembly factory file is the mother file and the members are the children whic are created in the table. 

I have my rebuild all linked to a hot key so I can implement it at anytime I need to.

REBUILD.JPG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report