Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Button when working in Assembly

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1507 Views, 8 Replies

Return Button when working in Assembly

Hello,

I sometimes create parts while working in an assembly. This hasn't been an issue but something mysterious happened. Once I create my new part, to get back to the assembly ( turn off the transparency)

I typically press the Return button which is normally in the first tab (this example shows I created a sheet metal part)

but for some reason the return button is now in the inspect Tab??

return.png

I tried looking through the customize ribbon form and can't seem to put the button back into the first tab?

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't worry about it, the return button will show up on whatever tab you currently happen to be in, so you do not have to hunt for it. You probably just havn't noticed it because we almost always just use the one tab when in sheet metal.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

hmmm...your right, the return button does show up in all tabs except for the first tab? I created a dummy part in my assembly, first image attached shows the available options in the first tab and the second images shows the return button available.

it is not that bad having to switch tabs to return to assembly level, but i should be able to correct this?

Thanks

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

It should show up on the first tab as well, at least it does on mine. Don't know how to tell you to get it back, perhaps another reader knows that answer 🙂

Although you can always just right-click anywhere off the model or part and select "Finish Edit" I never use the rturn button, its just easier for me to right-click and finish the sketch or part edit instead of having to move my mouse 6 inches 🙂

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

yea that will work, right click and finish edit is faster than switchin tabs..

however i am still stumped to why the icon/button is no longer available in the ribbon??

Thanks!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Don't promise this will work, but while in a part edit, go to the model tab, right click, select "ribbon Appearance" > "reset Ribbon", This should remove any customization, but I don't know if it will fix this issue or not, depends if it considers the return botton removal a customization 🙂

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Didn't work, in fact inventor crashes once I press reset ribbon, haha, don't boggle your mind about this, my time with Inventor 2013 is dwindling, I have 2014 installed,

I just have to apply my templates and styles and then switch over once i have some free time. 

just did a quick test, opened the same assembly and edited a part and the return arrow is on the first tab...

page3.png

Thanks!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

probably just glitched out on you.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Seems to be a glitch between 2013 and 2014.  All was well before we installed 2014, but after installing 2014 and using 2013 for a different customer, the return button in 2013 has been intermittently MIA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report