Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RETRIEVE DIMENSION PROBLEM

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
smiz
322 Views, 1 Reply

RETRIEVE DIMENSION PROBLEM

I am using inventor 2011 for mechanical drawings. I have an issue using the retrieve command and it showing incorrect and random values. I switched to dimensioning all my IDW's using this command to ensure that my model is accuratly depicted in my drawing. This morning I had a print get pushed back to me because some of the dimensions were wrong. In my model the dimension is 18.06, I also have it run of of a parameter which is also 18.06. However in my drawing the dimension is properly attached and linked from my sketch but reading 18.144. When I deleted the dimension and used the command again it displayed the correct value, but this breaks the key point of drafting in this maner, accuracy. I or several other collieges could not explain why it was reading a different value or where it came from. I searched all the parameters in the model and there was no 18.144 or any fraction of it. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know if this is a glitch? Any help would be very apprecieated. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: smiz

Attach your files here.

This is usually a case of projected dimension or true dimension (right mouse button), but not sure since you are using Retrieve Dimensions.

When I see problems like this they often involve imported parts or parts that are poorly defined (especially if Loft feature and sometimes Sweep).

Without the files it will not be possible to diagnose the source.

The usual, have you installed all service packs and updates?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report