Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction of a constraint.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sgt.borup
776 Views, 4 Replies

Restriction of a constraint.

Hello Inventor users ! I see myself as a quite experienced user in autodesk inventor, and i have used it regularly the last couple of years, but one thing that has been buggering me the last couple of weeks, is regarding constraints.

is it possible to restrict a constrains movement along an axis (S) at some sort?, for example a cylindrical object with a metal rod going through it, then limit the cylindrical object to only make it able to move for example 10 centimetres (ΔS) ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: sgt.borup

they indroduced this facility into 2011, which version are you using?

Message 3 of 5
sgt.borup

Im using Inventor 2008, could you supply possibly supply me with screenshots ? since my school have 2011 🙂

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

as you can see, there is a new button >> which extends the contraint box

you now have the limits tab where you can select your maximum and minimum values, the 'use offset as restin position' is a kind of snap button.

so align along your centre axis as normal, then add a face constraint using the 2 additional max and min values to limit your movement.

Message 5 of 5
Dennis_Jeffrey

For Inventor 2008, you will want to use this:

http://teknigroup.com/tutorials/Inventor/restrictiveTransConstraint.html

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report