Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting Position not working, Inv 2011 sp1

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dave_deane
444 Views, 5 Replies

Resting Position not working, Inv 2011 sp1

Just upgraded from 2008 to 2011 and I was using the Getting Starte Tutorial for New Users/Assemblies to get caught up to speed with some of the new features. Just ran into some trouble in the "Create a Contact Set"  the 4th slide of the tutorial using the "Cylinder Body Sub_Assy.iam."

Create a mate constraint from the Piston.ipt to the Head Cover_Back.ipt. Click the more button and specify a maximum 30mm and minimum 0mm. The piston will drag freely and stop at these points. However, if I go back and edit the constraint and enable "use offset as the resting position" and input 15mm in the offset field, it is locked in at 15mm and is unable to freely drag between 30 and 0 and snap back to the resting position 15mm when the LMB is released as stated in the tutorial.

Could someone please activate the tutorial project and see if you are getting the same results?

Thanks,

Dave

**************EDIT**********

I did get it to work if the rotational degree of freedom is constrained on the piston rod.ipt. Then I am able to drag the rod and have it snap to the resting postion. I wonder if this is a machine specific graphic/hardware issue or is repeatable with others. Comments are appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cvbt-thailand
in reply to: dave_deane

I had the same problem.

Geoffrey Wheeler
AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 SP2, IV Pro 2011 64bit SP2, stand alone, Design Review 2018, DWG True View 2018, Inventor View // Win7 Ultimate SP1
ASUS P8H61-M LE, Intel i5-3450 @ 3.10 GHz, 8GB RAM // ATI AMD Radeon HD 6600 Series, 1GB RAM
Message 3 of 6
rdyson

Seems to not work as described in 2012 either.

PDSU 2016
Message 4 of 6
t_stramr

Hi Dave,

Thank you for pointing out the issue. I'm forwarding it to the constraint solver development team.

Robert

Message 5 of 6
OdaiSwinger
in reply to: t_stramr

Is this still being worked on?

I have a simple assembly with a mate constraint with a min and max set.

When i select the resting position and move my components, it does not want to reset.

Inventor 2014 SP2

Windows 7 64 bit

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: OdaiSwinger

Hi! Could you post the exmple files here or send them to me? I would like to take a look and see why resting position is not taken properly.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report