Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolve link - reference to file error

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
825 Views, 1 Reply

Resolve link - reference to file error

I have created parts made up of a smaller parts themselves, them multiple assemblies of different parts that are all used in a final asembly. Now I need to give this whole assembly to someone.  I tried sending all the files together with the assembly. However, when the receiver tried to open the assembly, most of the file references could not be resolved and inventor asked for the path of each, which would take too long to do.

Is there any way around this?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SoulAsasin
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes.

It's called a Pack and Go.

Open the master assembly and than on the drop down menu where you can find the save and save as....click on save as and there you can find pack and go. Here you can select a destination folder and include all reference files. When all setings are done. Click start.

It will automaticaly copy all files that are referenced in this master assembly and even create a project file to. This is what you need to pass on if you want to be sure that you will pass on a working model.

Inventor 2012
Win 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5400
Intel Xeon 2,5 GHz
8 Gb RAM
NVIDIA Quadro Fx 3700

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report