Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
mbus0013
Message 1 of 2 (525 Views)

Resolve link - reference to file error

525 Views, 1 Replies
06-25-2012 12:46 AM

I have created parts made up of a smaller parts themselves, them multiple assemblies of different parts that are all used in a final asembly. Now I need to give this whole assembly to someone.  I tried sending all the files together with the assembly. However, when the receiver tried to open the assembly, most of the file references could not be resolved and inventor asked for the path of each, which would take too long to do.

Is there any way around this?

Active Contributor
SoulAsasin
Message 2 of 2 (523 Views)

Re: Resolve link - reference to file error

06-25-2012 01:36 AM in reply to: mbus0013

Yes.

It's called a Pack and Go.

Open the master assembly and than on the drop down menu where you can find the save and save as....click on save as and there you can find pack and go. Here you can select a destination folder and include all reference files. When all setings are done. Click start.

It will automaticaly copy all files that are referenced in this master assembly and even create a project file to. This is what you need to pass on if you want to be sure that you will pass on a working model.

Inventor 2012
Win 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5400
Intel Xeon 2,5 GHz
8 Gb RAM
NVIDIA Quadro Fx 3700
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.