Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolve Link, link unused/unfound

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
704 Views, 10 Replies

Resolve Link, link unused/unfound

Hello,

I have a somewhat complicated .ipt part and I keep getting a Resolve Link error pointing to a part called standoff.ipt. I had used this part before, but no longer am using it. I can't see it being referenced anywhere. It is not in the Parameters box or anywhere I can see. Is there a way to figure out where in my part the reference to "standoff.ipt" is coming up?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
cwhetten
in reply to: Anonymous

Try going to Tools > Manage Links.

-cwhetten

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Unfortunately the "Manage Links" button is grayed out for me.

Message 4 of 11
cwhetten

What version of Inventor?  I could help you faster if you posted the part.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: cwhetten

I'm using Inventor 2012. Sorry I don't think I can post the part as it is proprietary. Is there anywhere else in the model where a link to another part might be?

Message 6 of 11
blair

Is the part located in a directory outside of your path(s) defined in your current active Project file?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

No it's in the path. The file actually no longer exists and can't be recovered. But I don't need it anyway.

Message 8 of 11
cwhetten

Maybe it was adaptive at some point with projected sketch entities?

Or maybe you derived the existing part from the other one, and there is a derived part node?

Other than these and the ones you mentioned, I'm not sure where else they could be linked.

-cwhetten

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Now I'm even more confused. So I created a copy of the part and deleted every sketch and feature from the part, as well as every parameter. And I'm still getting the unresolved link.

Message 10 of 11
cwhetten

Can you post the part with all of the features deleted?

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Ok so I fixed it. I found an old version of the part and put it in the directory. Only then could I see that the parameters section was still referencing this part. So I deleted the corresponding parameters. Then I was able to delete the referenced part, and the error went away. There has to be a way to do this if I wasn't able to find this part though, right? I find it funny that I couldn't see the error in the parameters window until I actually found the part.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report