Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resolve link error - library

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kmeldfreyssinet
1224 Views, 5 Replies

resolve link error - library

Hi,

I have often this problem with resolving links when using other project as libraries.

Why this is happening?

In my project I have added library path to different project that I did before to use some of the components I have created as library parts. I often do that but in case of some of this library projects I am constantly having "resolve link" problems when placing "library" parts and opening assemblies containing them. I have reported this issue to Autodesk for AI 2012 but obviously it was not fixed.

Dose anyone know how to avoid this i reasonable manner (not adding each subfolder as separate library path)?

Cris.

resolve link 1.png  resolve link 2.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hello Krzysztof,

Good day to you!

I'm wondering if there were any changes between the time you created an assembly with referenced models and the time you tried to place it and got the error (ex. moving referenced models from one location to another or changing library folders).

If you look at your first screenshot,

• You are opening KM_lozysko slizagowe Wrodaw.iam from the library - lozyska tymcz.
  • It's referencing KM_lozysko slizagowe Wrodaw_plyta dolna.iam which was in D:\KM PROJEKTY\... folder.

If you look at the second screenshot,

• The workspace folder is Z:\KM\projekty\KM belki mostowe\INVENTOR\.
  • Search paths are not defined.
  • There are 2 library folders defined.

Is the referenced file - KM_lozysko slizagowe Wrodaw_plyta dolna.iam - in any of the defined folders or was it moved? It appears that the file was outside the library folders because it's shown N/A. So, my understanding is perhaps the file was moved or was referenced outside the defined folders, which later triggered the unresolved reference dialog.

If you locate the missing file and check "Search for other unresolved references using this location" (if other references sit in the same location), then it should resolve the issue. You will no longer see the warning message.

Please review the above and share your findings. Also feel free to share your workflow if my understanding is incorrect. 🙂

Have a wonderful day.

Inchul Lee
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Thanks for support.

next two days I will not have time to work on this. I will post my findings during weekend.

Cris.

Message 4 of 6

Hi,

so I did some investigations and:

1) in deed there is inconsistency between library folder location and folder that missing reference is pointing.

But I did not cause this inconsistency.

2) Situation with this reference library is like this:

In Z:\KM ..... I have a project folder with all files for this project. In this project I have created KM_lozysko slizagowe Wrodaw.iam from the library - lozyska tymcz., KM_lozysko slizagowe Wrodaw_plyta dolna.iam, and many more files.

When I open this project in Inventor I have no errors or missing references, and all referenced files are within this project folder on Z drive.

When I add this project path as a library to another project and insert this assembly as library part using "library" link in insert window browser file gets inserted but  I am getting missing reference errors.

In attachment I post video of the process.

Cris.

Message 5 of 6

I am getting this error with other library projects, but not with all.

(just encountered this with another job)

Cris.

Message 6 of 6

Hi,

I understand no one is interested in fixing this bug.

Support case was open about it but no one had time to contact me for a month. Only thing that was done is: this case was CLOSED - CANCEL , case number 10418111 for your information.

I wish to report once again this problem exist. And now I think I know where is the bug exactly.

But who cares. Most important is I pay for next better version, with the same bug.

Cris.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report