Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resize Object in Inventor 2012

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
4427 Views, 3 Replies

Resize Object in Inventor 2012

Hi, I've looked everywhere and I can't seem to figure out how to resize an object in Autodesk Inventor Professional. Please help!

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

The first question that comes up, "Why do you need to resize?"

Change the dimensions or scale the part.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Well, I started this project where I am making a musical instrument (an ocarina) that is in theory playable. I calculated certain characteristics of it using a formula so that it would have the right ratio of these different characteristics in order to be playable. I was then going to print it out using a 3D printer. 

The things I calculated include:

-volume

-length of mouthpiece

-size of sound hole

These things need to be accurate on the instrument in order to achieve the correct frequency, which is one of the variables in the formula.

I am new to Inventor, so I was not sure exactly what dimensions this instrument would need in order to have the correct volume and such, so I figured I would be able to change the volume. Ocarinas are irregular shapes, so it would be difficult to know exactly what dimensions of the shape would yield a specific volume.

When I went to change the volume (if I have the right volume in the program, I would not need to resize the instrument because the volume is what determines the frequency) it said under iProperties, "*values do not reflect user -overriden mass or volume".

So basically, even when I change the value for volume, it doesn't seem to effect the actual object. For example, when I draw shapes, they are very large compared to the size they would be if the volume was correct.

If there is another approach that I should have taken in order to achieve what I am trying to do, I am completely open to suggestions. I'm just looking for a solution. Thanks!

Tags (3)
Message 4 of 4
JDMather

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Change-user-altered-volume-back-to-original/td-p/358...

and

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Internal-area-measurement/td-p/3587042

There are also sectional area option in Loft, but this probably takes some training.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report