Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

ttruman
Message 1 of 2 (306 Views)
Accepted Solution

Reset revision block data

306 Views, 1 Replies
10-19-2012 09:20 AM

We frequently will create a new part and drawing based on an existing drawing to save time recreating views and re-dimensioning the entire drawing. This is done by using Design Assistant to copy the idw and ipt file to a new name.

The only problem we have experienced with this workflow is that the revision history for the old drawing is maintained in the new file, and there doesnt seem to be a way to reset it. This also causes us a problem if a drawing needs to be changed from numeric to letter indication of revision level.

Does anyone know of a way to reset the revision history so that a new table can be started from scratch?

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 2 of 2 (297 Views)

Re: Reset revision block data

10-19-2012 10:15 AM in reply to: ttruman

Hi ttruman,

Unless I'm misunderstanding, you'll want to delete the revision table and revision tags from the drawing, and then place a new revision block. That will let you choose the starting revision number, etc. again.

Also be aware that older versions of Inventor had limitations in this area, but I don't recall when the changes were made (Inventor 2009 maybe?).

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.