Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Model Parameters Names

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
igorzalozh
567 Views, 4 Replies

Reset Model Parameters Names

Hello everyone,

Having difficult time trying to figure out how to reset parameter names. I have previously renamed parameters from its original names "d0, d1, ets." to assigned ones, there are a lot of them. I need them back to the way they were when the model was first drawn up. My question is how do i reset it to it's original values without manually typing them in and trying to figure out the sequence/order???

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mrattray
in reply to: igorzalozh

Welcome to the forums.
I don't know of any way to do this. May I ask why you would want to?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 5
igorzalozh
in reply to: mrattray

I just realized that it is a huge mess with parameters being named, they are too long and you have to think of names for dimensions. I just want to leave them as inventor assigns them automaticaly when part is created. Take for example me making a new model and assigning new names for parameters, if i am out of the office and another employee wants to create a family part using the master he would have to try and figure out the way i think and see where i dimensioned by displaying all dimensions and going through them. So i was thinking reseting them back to its originals and than taking a hard copy of the drawing and writing original parameter names besides the dimensions on the drawing and using them as a templete for creating a new part next time.

Message 4 of 5
DeerSpotter
in reply to: igorzalozh

You wont be able to create a template of the Default Parameters because they are always asigned differently. Your best bet is to manualy assign the parameters as you already may have to specific dimensions/extrusions/etc...

Then that template would work for future projects:

For instance:

'Define the open document
Dim openDoc As Document
openDoc = ThisDoc.Document

'oUserParams.AddByValue("SM_Length", 2.54, kInchLengthUnits)

'Look at all of the files referenced in the open document
Dim docFile As Document
For Each docFile In openDoc.AllReferencedDocuments
'format  file name
Dim FNamePos As Long
FNamePos = InStrRev(docFile.FullFileName, "\", -1)
Dim docFName As String 
docFName = Right(docFile.FullFileName, Len(docFile.FullFileName) - FNamePos)
Parameter.Quiet = True
Parameter(docFName, "L1") = ("90.313")
Parameter("Length_1") = ("90.313")
Parameter(docFName, "L2") = ("84")
Parameter("Length_2") = ("84")
'Parameter(docFName, "L3") = ("51.875in")
Parameter(docFName, "ST1") = (".236")
Parameter("Shell_1") = (".236")
Parameter(docFName, "ST2") = (".360")
Parameter("Shell_1") = (".360")
'Parameter(docFName, "ST3") = (".250")
Parameter(docFName, "Dia_1") = ("102")
Parameter("Diameter_1") = ("102")
Parameter(docFName, "Dia_2") = ("102")
Parameter("Diameter_2") = ("102")
'Parameter(docFName, "Dia_3") = ("102in")
InventorVb.DocumentUpdate()
Next

By keeping a name for a specific parameter, i can then know for sure which parameters will be changed 🙂

but by keeping a default parameter order like inventor assigns; d1,d2,d3 you will never achieve the same order becasue you would always have to dimension in the same order and that truly never happens.

not sure if this is really what your question implies. 

The next question is what are you trying to do? What is your Job Steps?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 5 of 5
igorzalozh
in reply to: DeerSpotter

That looks very promissing, I will give it a try.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report