Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for an ODD thread size

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
karthur1
617 Views, 5 Replies

Request for an ODD thread size

Anyone ever heard of a Ø1 5/8 x 5.5tpi thread?

Its not in my Mach Handbook, but the vendor has supplied a nut with this thread.  I made the bolts with a 1 5/8-6 thread.  Of coarse, the nut will not thread onto the bolt.

The vendor is telling me that the Ø1 5/8-5.5 is an "industry standard". lol

Anyone else ran into this before?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 3 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: karthur1

1.625 x 5.5 pitch is standard UNC/USS

12 TPI is UNF

http://www.interstate-screw.com/thread.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: mcgyvr

Wow,  Machinery Handbook does not have that for 1 5/8, but it does have a 1 5/8-24 UNS, which you link shows as N/A.  Might be time for a new Machinery Handbook?

Message 5 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: cbenner

1-5/8 is not in MANY of the thread charts.. Most have 1.5 then 1.75 skipping right over the 1.625

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: mcgyvr

There is NO 1 5/8 UNC or UNF according to my Machinery Handbook (25th ed, pg 1667).  There are a few other UNS (which denotes special), but no 5.5 is listed.

I guess they can make them whatever they want as long as they call them UNS.

Just because there is some chart on the internet, does not mean its a standard.  I think they need to put a little asterick beside what they have listed for the 1 5/8 and 1 7/8 cause there is NO UNC or UNF for those sizes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report