Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

representations and 3d dwf's

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
532 Views, 8 Replies

representations and 3d dwf's

I have one model showing 3 different products, when i publish each product (in its associated representaion) it produces the dwf model as, 3 products in one.
Is there anything in the pipeline AD? Does anyone else have a work around (easier than the obvious) or different method ?
ta in advance.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

"johnwayne" wrote in message news:3316478.1100164851983.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >I have one model showing 3 different products, when i publish each product >(in its associated representaion) it produces the dwf model as, 3 products >in one. Save each model as seperates, then DWF ? Nick
Message 3 of 9
msklein
in reply to: Anonymous

so what your'e saying is that DWF'S defeat the whole idea of representations? I'm having a simmlar problem in 2012 with DWF's, parts showing up that are not int that view.

msk

Message 4 of 9
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: msklein

Hi msklein,

It appears you're replying to a 10 year old post, in which the information supplied referred to the latest version of Inventor at that time.

But, currently you can save representations in a 3D DWF file, by clicking the Assembly tab in the publish options dialog box. Here are some links that should help. Note the 2014 links are a bit more concise and should be pretty much the same as what you'll see in the 2012 version.

DWF Output (2012)

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2012/ENU/?caas=caas/vhelp/help-dev-autodesk-com/v/Inventor/enu...

Publish Assembly dialog box (2014)

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-2905AE6A-05E7-4BF3-81AC-B76F0929AB25

DWF Output - Complete option reference (2014) 

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-54673A42-B8AB-4195-AA44-9DA21DE411F2

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 9
msklein
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

I don't see a assembly option in the Publish Drawing Tab, only "Express, Complete, custom" in the 2012 version. There are 3 Tabs "General, Properies, and Drawing". Other than this i just don't see what you can be talking about.  We will soon be upgrading to 2014 when the file servers have finley been upgraded.   I didn't look at the 2014 option as we haven't installed it yet.

msk

"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration"

Message 6 of 9
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi msklein,

My apologies, I didn't understand from your previous post that you were publishing from a drawing. But when publishing the drawing DWF you can use the Complete option and get the Assembly representations.

Note that if the Complete option results in too much information in the DWF file you can just delete the unwanted DWF sheets from the DWF once published.

Also, I don't see any changes to the 2012 and 2014 DWG publish options, in case that helps with the links. But the 2012 link does contain the comparitive 2014 information, I just can't link you to those specific topics directly. So you'll need to drill down to find those topics in the 2012 link.

I hope this helps.
Curtis

Message 7 of 9
msklein

I'm getting my two sheets, the dwg and the model. But i'm getting parts in views that were not in the LOD. My "LOD'S" and my "Detail View's match". Parts in sub-assy's show up that should not.

msk

Message 8 of 9
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi msklein,

When you say "views", do you mean the drawing views in the DWF? Or do you mean the DWF Pallet views? I havn't been able to replicate a situation where the drawing views show parts in the DWF that do not show in the IDW. But it could be due to some nuance that I've not recreated in testing.

Also, from the help files, it states that "Only the active LOD publishes to DWF. However, all design views, positional representations, and enabled BOM views publish."

So with that in mind, I could see if where if we were to have a drawing view that uses a Design View Representation and a LOD (Level of Detail) Representation both, where some components have the visibility turned off via the Design View Representation, and some other components are suppressed via a LOD Representation, and the assembly has the Master or some other, non master LOD active, then we might have an issue with things showing up unexpectedly in the DWF after publishing.

Other than that I don't have any guesses as to why you're getting results that are unexpected. Maybe some screen shots would make things more clear?

I hope this helps.
Curtis

Message 9 of 9
msklein

Sorry i should have explained better, we only show a iso overall view and some notes on the dwg. All pertinent information about the assy comes from the dwf model. All parts and sub-assy installation views are from the combination of detail and LOD views. I was trying to use them together, allowing me to cut down on the number of dedicated assy models, allowing to work more with multiple configurable sub assy.  Production dept builds strictly off of DWF models using the intranet version of Design Review 2013. We use very little paper here, almost everything is web based.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report