Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Representation View lost?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Cool_Breeze_Jr
470 Views, 4 Replies

Representation View lost?

I have a massive assembly that I copy and manipulate for each customer. I do not use vault because we cannot afford it. I do not use 360 because the one time I did try to upload, it took over an hour adn had to open each individual part to upload so thats out of the question. I simply close all inventor files, grab the project folder and make a copy and change the project name leaving all other file names alone since they fall under the project folder. BTW each project is a single user project.

Ok your up to speed, this morning I opened up a project and viewed my "Master" in view representations, everything was there. I go to double click another view and nothing is on the screen, I try to zoom to home, still nothing. So at this point I am freaking out thinking that all the drawings (45 of them) have lost translation to the view representation. I gently open the .idw in my project and all views show up just fine...whew! But getting back to my main problem, I now have all view representations showing in my browser but I click on each one and I get the pretty blue background with no parts showing. I move around to see if it is off the page, nope. I even got tho the browser and right click a visible part to "find in window" this option as well is missing.

Now could this be due to me just simply copying the folder and re-using what I already have drawn? Maybe it lost something along the way?

Alson while I have your attention, I want to set up a office cloud using a Western Digital My Book Live personal cloud external Hard Drive. THere is only two of us working here but we need to access all files from outside the office. I know 360 has 25GB of storage, but here again with all the parts we have in our assembly (over 1500) this would be useless and time consuming..

Chris Biggs
Engineer/CADD Services
New Horizons RV Corp.
2401 Lacey Drive
Junction City, KS 66441

Dell XPS 8300
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
16GB RAM
Win 8.1 Pro
Autodesk Product Design Suite 2014
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
4donwan4
in reply to: Cool_Breeze_Jr

Not sure what is going on here. Try updating the video driver to the manufacture’s latest and great driver for your card type. Also see if you can log into the machine as another windows user profile and open the assembly file and change view reps. I am thinking this is video related.

Don

Message 3 of 5
Cool_Breeze_Jr
in reply to: 4donwan4

I don't think that's the problem as I am still able to view the "Master" view representation with everything shown. Its just the pieces that are not showing up when I click certain view reps. Note that I can see them in my .idw, just not in my .iam. Weird right?

Chris Biggs
Engineer/CADD Services
New Horizons RV Corp.
2401 Lacey Drive
Junction City, KS 66441

Dell XPS 8300
16GB RAM
Win 8.1 Pro
Message 4 of 5
iamerm
in reply to: Cool_Breeze_Jr

Did you ever find the cause of this issue?  I'm experiencing some similar strangeness.

Message 5 of 5
Cool_Breeze_Jr
in reply to: iamerm

Hey sorry for taking so long to get back to you. No solution yet as I am setting up another set of drawings from the same assembly. All I did was copy the entire folder to a new location, created a new .ipj and quite a few view reps were lost in translation. The only quick solution for me is to just re-create them using the same name. After I open the .idw, they all appear. I right click "open" and the view rep is not there. This is killing my speed.

Chris Biggs
Engineer/CADD Services
New Horizons RV Corp.
2401 Lacey Drive
Junction City, KS 66441

Dell XPS 8300
16GB RAM
Win 8.1 Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report