Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repost

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
274 Views, 1 Reply

repost

I am posting this again due to the fact that the first response I got was not detailed enough for what I am trying to do. I appreciate the help that Sam B offered, but I really need more in depth help. So, if anyone can respond, it would be greatly appreciated. 

I am working in inventor 2013. It's been a while since I learned inventor and have not worked with it in a few years. Most of it has come back to me, but there are a few things that I can't figure out. I'm not even sure if the capabilities exist. I've tried searching the internet but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. So, if someone could answer these questions for me it would be much appreciated.

1. I want to be able to create a new "material" from a picture. Specifically from a piece of fabric that I have that has patterns on it. I'm not sure if I should turn the picture into a material or if is should use shrinkwrap or if there is something that I don't know about that would be a better option. 

2. Is there any way to make opposite sides of a piece different colors? Example, if I build a wall, can I make one vertical face black and the opposite vertical face silver?

3. Is there a way to do a "flythrough" or "walkthrough?" I've heard of programs that let you create a path through your model and then have the camera follow the path. Does inventor have a similar capability? 

4. Back to materials; what is the best way to change the appearance of multiple surfaces in a model? Is the bill of material the best place to do this? I was hoping that there would be a way to do one thing and have it change multiple pieces of the model. I know that with dimensions you can say that one dimension is always equal to another, but is there a similar function with appearance so that I could change the appearance of one piece instead of having to edit every single piece. 

again, any help on any of these issues will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SBix26
in reply to: Anonymous

Much better to 'bump' your original post so that others (me included!) can see what responses have already been made.  Or at least provide a link to that thread.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report