Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Number of Sheets

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Winks87
377 Views, 5 Replies

Report Number of Sheets

Has anyone figures out how to report the Inventor "drawing property": "<Number of sheets>" to the Vault?  It appears this is a valid iproperty, yet I cannot map this value to the Vault.  It would be handy to see in the Vault that aparticular drawing contains multiple sheets.  How to do this?

James Winkler
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: Winks87

James,

If you already know the drawing has multiple sheets, and even if you don't know, if you look here in the vault it will show you.

vault.JPG

You can even view each sheet as well as print out specific sheets from the drawing if need be.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
Winks87
in reply to: Cadmanto

That's a nice feature in the viewer window, but I was hoping to get the number of sheets to report to Vault and display as a column, this makes it real nice when we do the Vault Reporting for drawing lists.  I'm sure there is a way to do this, especially since the "number of sheets" is an existing drawing property.  Speaking of, are "drawing properties" the same as iProperties?  If you create some text in a drawing, look at the "type" pull-down to the left, you will see drawing properties.  I was hoping to extract the "number of sheets" property and send it to the Vault.

Btw, Thanks for the reply Cadmanto

James Winkler
Message 4 of 6
Cadmanto

Sorry,  not sure how you would accomplish that.  Feel free to submit it in the vault idea station.

Then post a link to the idea back in this thread.

To your second question, iproprties are not the same as drawing properties.  The iproperties are strictly what you get when you RC on the file in the browser.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 6
Winks87
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks for the info Cadmanto, if I hear any responses to in the Vault discussions, I will relay the info here.

James Winkler
Message 6 of 6
Winks87

Autodesk, where are you?

James Winkler

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report