Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replaying actions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
drguitarum2005
215 Views, 3 Replies

Replaying actions

My boss informed me of a tool that Catia (or maybe Pro E) has where if the program crashes, one can step back through the work flow, one step at a time, until the crash, thus figuring out what caused the crash. It's also useful in that you can esentially rebuild your model up until the point of crash. Now I have 0 experience with anything like this but does Inventor 2014 have any such capability? Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: drguitarum2005

Inventor has a feature history tree browser just like those other programs.

I don't know what the rest means - I recommend your boss come here to continue the discussion.

Are you saving every time you do something right?

If not, why not?

If yes, then simply attach the last save here and explain what you did next to cause crash.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
drguitarum2005
in reply to: JDMather

It's more of a curiosity question than a complaint. Nothing crashed to prompt this question. I personally save often. Others not so often, which is what causes me to spend a lot of time attempting to figure out what they did that made the program crash. Supposedly where he came from, if their software crashed (don't recall if it was Pro-E or Catia), they could replay an animation of the workflow that led up to the crash, rebuilding the model the way it was right before the crash. Should be a non-issue if you save a bunch (like I do) but could be useful for determining what caused the crash.

Message 4 of 4
swalton
in reply to: drguitarum2005

I think you are talking about the trail.txt files that ProE produces. 

See http://communities.ptc.com/thread/36355  for a discussion about their utility in 2011. 

I am not aware of any similar file for IV. 

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report