Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replae Component in Inventor Issue

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
rhjones74
1070 Views, 15 Replies

Replae Component in Inventor Issue

When I try to replace a component in Inventor 2014.  It replaces it but does not update the tree in the browser.  I have to manually delete the part and place a new one in.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
yannick3
in reply to: rhjones74

Hi

You can only use "rename browser nodes" command in productivity tab

rename browser nodes.JPG

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 3 of 16
Cadmanto

This wouldn't happen to be an ipart that you are replacing would it?

I ask because if you make a part an ipart after it has been inserted into an assembly it will not allow you to swap it out without doing what you already did.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 16
rhjones74

It is not an ipart.  I have been an Inventor user for 8+ years so I am not a novice user and have never come across this before.  Thanks for the help though.

Message 5 of 16
blair

The Replace Component is in the "Component" box, you will need to use the drop-down arrow of ungroup it to the menu bar.

I've never had it continue to show in the Browser Bar.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 16
rhjones74

I know where it is.  Below are 3 screen shots of what's going on.

Step 1.pngStep 2.pngStep 3.pngscreen shots.

Message 7 of 16
blair

If you close the model and reopen does it correct itself.

Have you also installed updates 1 and 2 for IV2014?

Or is it changing in the browser but not doing a screen refresh.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 16
cbenner

Was the new part created FROM the old part?  If so, is there a chance the old part name may still be somewhere in the new part's iproperties?

Either way you can change it on the fly by right clicking the part in the browser and selecting iproperties, the go to the Occurance tab.  My aplogies if you already knew that.

Message 9 of 16
rhjones74

I did install Update 2.  That should have Update 1 included in it, right?  No change though.  I can get the browser number to change with the "Rename Browser Nodes" feature in the Productivity tab but that's another step I need to perform that I didn't have to do before.

Message 10 of 16
blair

Normally you require #1 before #2 on SP's, not sure on the Updates though and SP's contain all the Hot-Fixes added from the last SP.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 16
Cadmanto

Every program I have ever seen and worked with when you load the latest SP or update it includes all of the previous ones.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 12 of 16
Yijiang.Cai

When using one dataset and replacing the component, it works fine. Maybe it is related to the dataset. Could you attach the dataset here or send it to me @ river-yijiang.cai@autodesk.com?

Please also right-click the replaced component, and select iProperty to check the name of occurrence, then you could modify it as what you want. Please see the attach image. 

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 13 of 16
mrattray

If you've manually renamed the component either through a slow double click or through the iProperties>Occurrence>Name field then the new part will retain the overridden occurrence name of the previous part.
Try resetting the browser name of the original part by going to the iProperties>Occurrence>Name field and clearing out the box. This will reset it to the default name. Then try the replace component command and see if it updates.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 14 of 16
mrattray
in reply to: blair

The latest SP will contain all fixes released prior to it. If I was to do a fresh install of Inventor 2013 now (and I didn't have the nifty auto-update during the install thingy) I would Install base Inventor 2013, then SP2 and then SP2-Update1.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 15 of 16
rhjones74
in reply to: Cadmanto

I don't have the "occurance" tab in my Iproperties.  I have attached a screen shot.  Anyways I still have the problem but have found a way to correct it.  Hopefully the problem magically goes away.

Message 16 of 16
mrattray

You need to access it from the context of the assembly as it's an assembly property. (see screen shot)

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report