Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering sketches with images

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
xchrisgrassx
3978 Views, 3 Replies

Rendering sketches with images

Hi everyone, I am trying to render some images and video of a design I've been working on.
This isn't an absolute necessity, but I would like to have my companys product and logo displayed on the monitor in the design. If you look at the screenshot what I'm trying to describe should come clear.

These images were just dropped into a sketch on the face of these two monitors.

When I go to render, the sketch image does not appear. It just renders the default face color of the part.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sam_m
in reply to: xchrisgrassx

use the decal command to add the image to the face 😉

(decal command hidden in a drop-down from "create" section of "model" ribbon within the ipt)

I know it looks ok to place an image in a sketch and that's it, but like everything else you need to perform a command on the sketch-contents to make it effect the part - if that makes any sense.  I think this confuses a few people when they want an image on a flat surface as it looks all ok just having the image in a sketch but as soon as you want to apply an image/decal to a curved face it's soon obvious that something more than just adding to a sketch is needed.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 3 of 4
xchrisgrassx
in reply to: sam_m

Worked perfectly, thanks!

Message 4 of 4
mpatchus
in reply to: xchrisgrassx

Assuming that you are rendering with Inventor Studio, use the image to create a decal and it should render just fine as shown below.

Capture1.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report