Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering a decal with inventor 2012

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
AntoineM
374 Views, 6 Replies

Rendering a decal with inventor 2012

Dear all,

I know this topic has come up few times, but I tried quite hard to look through it and could not find a fix, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Inventor Professional 2012 64 bit (educational licence) which in principle has the ability to render decals in inventor studio. However I could not manage to have this running at all. I attach here a minimal example with a (very) simple part and the image I was trying to decal and render, as well as a screenshot showing how it does not work.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Antoine

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: AntoineM

Works fine in 2015.. 

Have you checked for updates/hotfixes/service packs for your version of Inventor?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
AntoineM
in reply to: mcgyvr

I do not see any that has to see with this... Is there a way to automatize the installation of updates, or do I have to install every one of them by hand?

Message 4 of 7
mcgyvr

by hand basically. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 7
mpatchus

Not sure what your issue is.

I'm running 2012 here and opened your file to render.

The render came out fine.

I'm running SP2 on this box for 2012.

Test Render.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 6 of 7
AntoineM
in reply to: mpatchus

Ok thanks, I will try to install SP2 and see if it helps...

Message 7 of 7
AntoineM

Dear all,

Thank you for the help, in the end it was very silly, I write it down in case someone else gets this problem: I was remoting the computer I used with windows remote desktop, which apparently prevented the rendering of the image. When I work directly on the computer the problem disappears.

Thank you again, cheers,

Antoine

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report