Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rename Holes in a Hole Tabele

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
j_weber2
2247 Views, 14 Replies

rename Holes in a Hole Tabele

Hi everybody, i have one question.

Often I have a drawing for a holetablepart with more the one view. eg. View 1 for the topview, View 2 for frontview.

Now a have the first holetabel for the View 1. The holes are named like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

the second hole table is a new holetabel and the first hole tabel for View 2.

And the are the holes also named 1, 2, 3, 4,

Is it possible to rename all holes in a holetable with an startincrment. eg in the View 2 starts the holes with 6 and all other holes then 1 number higher. like 7,8,9,10

Jörg Weber
CAD Systemtechniker für AutoCAD, Inventor, Vault

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
jfenter
in reply to: j_weber2

I don't have an answer, but I have the same question....

Message 3 of 15
j_weber2

Perheps someone in Inventor custumazation can help as with an iLogic Rule or a vba-marcro

Jörg Weber

Message 4 of 15
blair

I don't think you can, you might be able to add a custom field to the table and then manualy add a some text referring to the view and table. Each Table stands on it's own with it's "own" data.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 15
j_weber2
in reply to: blair

OK, for this time a accept the answer but it is not what i want.

I go to the idea station and post it as a nice to have feature in the hole table.

Thanky for your answer.

by

Jörg Weber

Message 6 of 15
VdVeek

This simple iLogic-rule can do what you want if you only want numbers. I also wrote a script when you use the A1, B1... numbering for multiple views to make each hole on your sheet unique. Anyone interested in that?

Rob

Dim oDrawDoc As DrawingDocument
Dim oSheet As Sheet
Dim oHoleTable As HoleTable
Dim oHoleRow As HoleTableRow
Dim i As Integer = 0

oDrawDoc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument
oSheet = oDrawDoc.ActiveSheet

'iterate through Holetable's on active sheet.
For Each oHoleTable In oSheet.HoleTables
    'iterate through HoleTableRows in the HoleTable
    For Each oHoleRow In oHoleTable.HoleTableRows
    i = i+1
    'change holetag number
    oHoleRow.HoleTag.Text = i

Next

Next
Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Message 7 of 15
j_weber2
in reply to: VdVeek

Hi Rob,

your rule is abolute fantastic, great and that what I want.

Very very thanks for the rule.

I hope that sometimes i can create rules like yours.

Thanks a lot

Jörg

Jörg Weber

Message 8 of 15
jfenter

I'm sure its a good way to fix the problem....now I just have to learn a little more (a lot more) about iLogic.

Thanks!

Message 9 of 15
jfenter
in reply to: jfenter

I quickly added an iLogic rule to a drawing, but didn't get the desired result.  We typically label our holes as letters through each view.  I have been using the roll up option and have changed the columns to denote only the hole description and quanity as we do not use "A1, A2...B1, B2".  We just use the singular letter and dimension the XY coordinates as shown in the attachment.

I think I would need your script for A1, B1...then apply the rollup and column changes to the hole table to get my desired result.

Obviously I'm a novice, but thanks again for the help.

Message 10 of 15
VdVeek

jfenter, I added the ilogic rule for renumbering the "A1, A2...B1, B2" notation.

Do you have any knowledge to rewrite this for your needs? other wise i have a look at it, this evening, to rewrite it for the A,B,C,A,B,A,B,C, option.

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Message 11 of 15
jfenter

Rob -

No.  This is actually my first dive into an iLogic rule.

Thanks again!

Message 12 of 15
VdVeek

Jfenter, i rewrote the ilogic rule so it can be used to change multiple hole tables with only Letters. Give it a try and let me know if it's working for you.

This script is changing all the holetables starting at A, B, C, D, E... AA, AB, AC, AD....

Rob.

Message 13 of 15
jfenter

Unfortunately, no it didn't work properly.  At least for what I would like to accomplish.  It ended up labelling each hole independently (picture attached "RESULT").

However, for as well as it does work, would there be a way to specifically label opposite side holes using a script such as this?  We typically label surface holes with common letters and opposite surface holes of the same diameter and depth with an "X" prefix as shown in picture "DESIRED".  We also add Z to edge holes.

I am willing to manually work around this issue as I have been, but your iLogic script leads me to believe there is an answer out there that would automatically populate these hole values.  I assume adding the prefixes to the hole tags complicates the written rule.

Thanks again!   I feel that I need some training on how to write iLogic rules.

Message 14 of 15
j.romo

i would like to have that unique numbering rule ...

thanks

Message 15 of 15
VdVeek
in reply to: j.romo

@j.romo can you describe which iLogic Rule you want? In the older posts there are different rules given. You describe the unique numbering, isn't that the script given in the solution post of this thread?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report