Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Sketch Dimensions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
aaron
640 Views, 5 Replies

Removing Sketch Dimensions

This question is long overdue... Is there are a way to remove all of the dimensions and constraints in a sketch with one click of a button rather than manually deleting each dimension? I was always sure there was a way but never learned, never found it and never asked, until now. Thanks in advance, my mouse might get another few years out of it, if it is possible. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: aaron

No, but there is a related idea in the idea station pertaining to this:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/List-of-Constraints-in-Sketch/idi-p/3806462

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 6
aaron

Wow. How they didnt think of that by now is beyond me. Have you ever had one of those tiny little green dots that you can't remove or constrain? They drive me nuts. They say something about being part of fixed geometry. Why are they there and is there a way to delete?

99% of my drawings get used over and over. I use them as base files to copy and paste/modify into new files. Sometimes those little green dots get stuck in them. I want to be able to get rid of them, if at all possible. 

Message 4 of 6
mrattray

Can you post a part file that exhibits this behaviour?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 6
chad38

I wish there was a much more in your face way of showing geometric constraints without having to tell it to show all over and over. Also, I've been frustrated that sometimes, like if I have a rectangle that's been constrained to some part geometry, that it's so darn difficult to unconstrain that corner. I end up having to basically break the rectangle in that corner, then reconstrain the ends of the lines together.

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015
Message 6 of 6
aaron
in reply to: mrattray

Screenshot and file attached. 

Lower right hand side on the top right corner of the vertical edge. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report