Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Obsolete Bitmap Reference From A Part

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sambaxter23
1510 Views, 5 Replies

Removing Obsolete Bitmap Reference From A Part

I presumed that such a thing would have been automatic but this one just won't go away!

I'm trying to vault of one my parts and it refuses to upload. It's refusing to upload because the part keeps refering to a certain bitmap image. I have removed the reference (from the styles library) to the bitmap image but it's still calling for it to be uploaded!

How can I find out why this part still calls for this bitmap image? Why is it still making reference to it even after I have deleted the style which uses it?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sambaxter23
in reply to: sambaxter23

I did a bit of searching and I have found that this has solved my problem:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Remove-texture-from-Project-Library/td-p/2172010

By going 'Tools' -> 'Links' I was able to remove the redundant reference.

Message 3 of 6
rwinokur

I have some files with hundreds of links and after using a recommended vba routine I found in the Inventor Discussion groups and I can get rid of all but 2.  If I try to get rid of those 2 invneotr crashes.  ONe of the files is our template.  The template file has 2 links remaiing in it that I can't break.  When I make a new doc from the template, the two links turn into 6 links. they multiply.

There is one file that ltersally has ove 800 of the these unbrakable lins. Everytime I get any file out of the fault, this file comes with it even if it is an entiely separte and unrelated job.

Any ideas?

Message 4 of 6
ScottWSmith

I have a pretty good work around for this.

Save your idw as an Inventor dwg, open it in AutoCAD. Those pesky bitmaps will be listed as unreferenced Xrefs. Detach them, save. Open the dwg in INventor and either check it in to Vault as is or overright the IDW and check it back in.

Works like a charm

Scott

Message 5 of 6
rwinokur
in reply to: ScottWSmith

Scott,

Thanks for the reply.  My template is an Inventor DWG and has no bitmaps listed as xrefs in it. Still have not been able to get rid of them

Message 6 of 6
kyled

kyled_0-1690556633448.gif

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report