Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Hidden Lines in a Drawing View

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jksouthard2010
7355 Views, 5 Replies

Removing Hidden Lines in a Drawing View

I am trying to take the visibility of some unneeded hidden lines off of an assembled view on my drawing sheet. Yet i am only taking the visibility of the hidden lines off on one of the parts in the assembly and there are A LOT of them. I know how to select the lines, right click, and turn the visibility of them off that way but there are far to many of them and it would take me quite some time to do this. This is my reasoning for wondering if there is an easier way of doing this such as just turning the visibility of the hidden lines off on one part in an assembly. If you know anything about how to do this i would greatly appreciate the advice. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: jksouthard2010

rmb on the part in the model browser (correct view) and uncheck hidden lines.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6

Wow that was alot easier than expected. Ive had a problem with that a few times before and i am glad i asked for your advice. Thanks alot!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Or change your selection priority and select
graphically 🙂

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
rmb
on the part in the model browser (correct view) and uncheck hidden
lines.
Message 5 of 6
pennhead
in reply to: mcgyvr

I don't know what took me so long to look up this topic, but over 10 years since the initial question and it still proved helpful. Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
szwackerow

To deactivate hidden lines for all parts, edit the drawing view, and under Style activate "Hidden Line Removed".

Also, if you try to remove the hidden lines using the other method from the last or the only part, it is grayed out. It forces you to remove hidden lines for the whole view.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report