Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing compound material from a rolled pipe

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ryanholley2786
338 Views, 6 Replies

Removing compound material from a rolled pipe

Probably something easy I am missing, but I cannot seem to figure this one out. I have 4 plts coming together makiing a large catch pan. tRhe discharge opening is a 14" od rolled pipe (sheetmetal part). I was able to make the cuts in the plates, but how do I get the proper cut in the round pipe?

Ryan Holley

Dell Z400

quad core

12G / 1T disk

64 bit INV2011 SP1

Vault Standard

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: ryanholley2786

Looks like you could Edit the pipe in the context of the assembly and Copy Object as surface bodies the slicing surfaces..  Looks like you might need to do some patching of the surfaces before using to Split or Sculpt.
Attach the assembly here if you can't figure it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
ryanholley2786
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks JD! Used sculpt to remove the extra material. Even unfolded after the sculpt!

Ryan

Message 4 of 7

Pics

Message 5 of 7
JDMather

I suspect it is going to take just a bit more work.  Turn that flat pattern over and look at the cut edges from the other side - or change to wireframe view.  You should not see multiple lines at cut edges (cuts perpendicular to flat).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
ryanholley2786
in reply to: JDMather

Yep, but the alternative was going to be tack the whole thing in there and torch out the unwanted material. Much closer to where I needed to be.

Message 7 of 7
JDMather

I think if you right click on the smaller face side (back side) and export that you will be OK.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report