Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing characters from iProperty

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
drguitarum2005
321 Views, 4 Replies

Removing characters from iProperty

I'd like to build a rule into my standard part template that takes the part number (which it automatically gets from the rilename by default), removes the characters after a delimiter, as well as the delimiter itself, and sets that as a new custom property. For example, we'll call the custom property Prop1

For part 123-321-1.ipt

Inventor already sets part number iProperty to 123-321-1

I want to set Prop1 to 123-321

For part 123-321-25.ipt

Inventor already sets part number iProperty to 123-321-25

I want to set Prop1 to 123-321

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Assumed that there is one custom property named "Prop1" in the template, and please use the code lines below in your iLogic rule -

Temp=Split(iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number"),"-")(UBound(Split(iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number"),"-")))
iProperties.Value("Custom", "Prop1")=Left(iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number"),Len(iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number"))-Len(temp)-1)

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the help sir, I was able to take that, modify it a little, and get it to work on my template.

My problem now is, I have this rule running after save document. When I saved the template, it ran the rule and set the property. Now when I create a new part with that template, it still has the Prop1 value from the template, not from the new part. How do I make it overwrite the value again?

Message 4 of 5

Ignore that, dumb question. Changed it to "before save" it works fine.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5

Really glad to know this could be helpful for youSmiley Very Happy

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report