Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove the need to store Content Center parts in the Vault?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
guyh
203 Views, 1 Reply

Remove the need to store Content Center parts in the Vault?

Hello,

Wasn't sure if this was an Inventor topic or Vault... non the less help would be appreciated.  We are using Inventor/Vault 2014, currently all Content Center parts are located on a network share and defined in the Project file (Single project file for the whole Vault).  Previously the Content Center and purchased parts libraries were stored in the Vault and these library folders are defined in Inventor through the Vault tab (Why isn't setting ins't part of the project file?).

The issue is that I don't want users to have a working copy on their local drive.  I only want them to use the network share (read/write), I am however unable to remove the desire for Inventor to store all CC parts within the Vault library.  I've even tried changing the project file with an XML editor but with no success.

Can anybody help please?  

Thanks,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jon.Dean
in reply to: guyh

There are options in the Vault Client under "Tools / Administration / Vault Settings" to set the working folder as well as the default Inventor Project file.

Have you tried using these settings?

Jon.

Jon Dean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report