Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remember the last selection while threading

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
rajeshindi
287 Views, 8 Replies

remember the last selection while threading

I use INV2013.  I happen import a solid part with lots of holes. I wanted add thread to 15 off existing same size holes.

1.  I am unable to select more than 1 hole at a time to add thread.  Need to go one by one.

2.  But, thread option doesn't remeber the last thread details selected.  So, I need to reenter all the details again.  which is time consuming. 

is there any thing can be done to fix this?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Here is the right way.

Untitled.png

Note that the first selection is the crucial one and determines the outcome on the other holes.
Edge selection or face selection is not important on the other holes, it all depends what you have selected on your first hole.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 9

@VinodBalasubramanian wrote:

Here is the right way.

Untitled.png

Anyone see the solution (I get a blank).

Are the holes the correct tap drill size?

Is there any kind of regular rectangular or circular pattern that would make Feature Recognition useful?

I might start new sketch and Project Geometry the edges to get centerpoints (toggle to hole centers) and then use the Hole Feature command to place threaded holes in the same location as the existing holes.  Might need to use Delete Face with Heal after creating the sketch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 9

Thanks for your reply.

I am unable to select more than 1 hole at a time.  What's more interesting is i am unable to select the edge at all.

r u sure, were you able to select the edge of an hole while THREADING? 

Also, while creating secure pin in assembly the problem is same.  I am unable to select more than 1 hole.  But, while creating bolted connection we have the choice to select more than 1 hole.  Why this difference?  Is there any trick involved in selecting multiple holes.  Any help would be appreciated.

Message 5 of 9

Hi,

You can use Muliple point in Inventor 2013, to create holes and add threads to it. Please see attached for more info.

Let me know, if you need more info.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 6 of 9

Thanks for your reply.

But let me make my question very clear,

1.  Can you select more than 1 hole while doing only threading?

2. Can you select more than 1 point to create secure pin in an assembly?

Thanks.

Message 7 of 9
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: rajeshindi

Guys, he is asking about the thread tool [model tab-modify panel], not the hole tool (with threads) or the bolted connection tool.

To answer your actual question...NO...one at a time only with the thread tool.

I like the idea of multi select...maybe a good wishlist item.

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 8 of 9

Thanks guys.

As Richos 69 said, you can't do multi select in thread dialog. I can log this as a wishlist item with our development.

However you can use the Multiple point and create holes & threads using that. This would help to create threads for multiple holes.. Thats the only suggestion I have at the moment.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 9 of 9

thanks for you both. 

Could you also add one more item in the wishlist please,

Having "multiple point selection" while creating "secure Pin" in the assembly please.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report