Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

relationships

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JoelMckone
520 Views, 3 Replies

relationships

A new feature for 2014 is the relationships folder - an occasionally useful feature but mostly just an annoyance.  Is there any way to stop this folder from automatically opening?  

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SteveMDennis
in reply to: JoelMckone

The relationship folder is the same as the constraint folder that was not visible by default in Assembly Mode of the browser. The relationship folder is now always displayed and it takes on the open/closed value from the old constriant folder.

If you close it and save your assembly (make sure the assembly is really dirty) the browser remembers the collapse/expand state via the View Rep.

You may need to do this in your template as well.

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
JoelMckone
in reply to: SteveMDennis

I will try it but the relationships folder opens after edits.  For example if I add new parts to an assembly and then edit the representations the relationships folder will open if there have been changes since the last time I opened that representation.

I have a similar issue with place components - it seems to randomly change between the three available options (place, place from content centre, place ilogic component).  Also when inserting a view into a drawing, once I had set the view to hidden & shaded it would remember that for as long as I worked in that drawing.  Now it reverts to show hidden lines and not shaded every time.  Not a big deal but still annoying.

Message 4 of 4
SteveMDennis
in reply to: JoelMckone

"edit representation" do you mean specifically a View Rep?

View Reps are where the browser expansion state is listed.

Also we are aware of some issues related to LOD activation where we are perhaps expanding the Relationships folder by mistake...

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report