Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registry Values for Application Options, Project File & Ribbon Customisation

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
gerrard.hickson
1777 Views, 9 Replies

Registry Values for Application Options, Project File & Ribbon Customisation

Hi guys,

I'm working on a new deployment of Inventor for 2012, I've set up the deployment to import the XML files for application options, user and ribbon customisation but none of them have been successfully imported. It's been this way each time we've done a deployment, but that's a seperate issue.

What I'd really like to know is where are the registry keys stored for the Ribbon Customisation? I've found the key for application options and project file, but the Ribbon Customisation still eludes me.

Cheers

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi,

Here is the registry path of the different UI for Inventor,

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion 16.0\System\Preferences\UIStyle\

Hope it helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 10
gerhick
in reply to: gerrard.hickson

Hi Vinod,

If I'm not mistaken, that registry key is what determines whether the classic UI or the Ribbon UI will be used. What I'm looking for is a registry value for the UI customisation, that is a registry key containing the 'user commands' and 'macro' buttons which have been added to the Ribbon.

Thanks

PointZero Design and Drafting
Message 4 of 10
SBix26
in reply to: gerhick

Under your user profile > Application Data\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Inventor Customization.xml.  It's not in the registry.

Message 5 of 10
gerhick
in reply to: SBix26

Is that file loaded in to Inventor each time Inventor starts up? I was under the impression that file was for you to load into Inventor under Import Customisation, but once loaded the settings were stored elsewhere (i.e. the registry)...

What I'm looking for a storage location which Inventor reads upon start up, so that I can update the settings with a batch script prior to loading Inventor so that we're guaranteed to get the right setup every time, and we can also push out changes to our users without them carrying out any additional steps...

Message 6 of 10
SBix26

I'm pretty sure that's the actual live customization file.  Mine has yesterday's date on it right now, and if I have ever exported a customization file it was at least several versions back.  An Autodesk answer here would be helpful...

Message 7 of 10
gerhick
in reply to: SBix26

Sam,

Looks like you're spot on... I edited the file to move the QAT below the ribbon on all environments, then reloaded Inventor and Voila! The QAT loaded below the ribbon.

Thanks heaps, I'll be adding that to our Deployment now.

Cheers

Message 8 of 10

Thanks Sam for the corrections. Its the XML file that needs to be added to the deployment. Here is the help link explaining the same,

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2012/Help/0000-Installa0/0017-Configur17/0047-Deployme47/0...

Hope it helps.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 9 of 10

You're welcome, Vinod.  That WikiHelp article really needs to be expanded.  It tells us that there is one customization XML file for Inventor 2012, but not the name of that file or where it is located, nor how one could use it in a deployment, etc.

In addition, the section about application options should explicitly describe how the exported application options .xml file can be edited to remove all but the options that you wish to standardize.

I know, this is a Wiki and I can do it myself, but I don't have time, or don't want to take the time-- I'd rather complain!

Message 10 of 10
ADNpati

Hey Gerrad,

Can you please let us know where did you find the .xml file??

I did a search on my whole WorkStation for Inventor Customisation.xml, But not even one file is found.

I am Using Factory Design Suite 2014.

Whole team is will be waiting for ths Ribbon issue fix.

MAny thanks in Advance.

Cheers!!

Amool..

Mechanical Engineer
Inventor Applications Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, Some KUDOS -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums