Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reflection change on the chrome color

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
391 Views, 3 Replies

reflection change on the chrome color

When i use chrome color on a object and i look closely at it, you can see the picture of a black car or something....Is it possible to change what you see in the reflection??? By example put a reflection of the rest of the object or a .BMP image??? I'm studying inventor and my teacher don't know if it's possible so if you can help it would be greatly appreciated!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not sure if the file name is the same in version 7, but in version 8, it's called car3.bmp Look in the Textures sub-directory. "Cyberneticman" wrote in message news:13777203.1080936547295.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > When i use chrome color on a object and i look closely at it, you can see the picture of a black car or something....Is it possible to change what you see in the reflection??? By example put a reflection of the rest of the object or a .BMP image??? I'm studying inventor and my teacher don't know if it's possible so if you can help it would be greatly appreciated!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

You need to create a spherical image. The current image is the reflection of a car on a mirrored ball. If you buy a gazing ball yard ornament, you can take pictures of reflections. I don't believe there is a way to specify a different bitmap in Inventor short of hacking the registry or saving a new file with the car3.bmp name. Loren Jahraus Autodesk Inventor Workflow Team "Cyberneticman" wrote in message news:13777203.1080936547295.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > When i use chrome color on a object and i look closely at it, you can see the picture of a black car or something....Is it possible to change what you see in the reflection??? By example put a reflection of the rest of the object or a .BMP image??? I'm studying inventor and my teacher don't know if it's possible so if you can help it would be greatly appreciated!
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

"short of hacking the registry " You say this like it's a bad thing -- Sean Dotson, PE Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Loren Jahraus (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:406dde79$1_2@newsprd01... > You need to create a spherical image. The current image is the reflection of > a car on a mirrored ball. If you buy a gazing ball yard ornament, you can > take pictures of reflections. I don't believe there is a way to specify a > different bitmap in Inventor short of hacking the registry or saving a new > file with the car3.bmp name. > > Loren Jahraus > Autodesk Inventor Workflow Team > > "Cyberneticman" wrote in message > news:13777203.1080936547295.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > When i use chrome color on a object and i look closely at it, you can see > the picture of a black car or something....Is it possible to change what you > see in the reflection??? By example put a reflection of the rest of the > object or a .BMP image??? I'm studying inventor and my teacher don't know if > it's possible so if you can help it would be greatly appreciated! > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report