Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference part visibility problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mattclarke
654 Views, 4 Replies

Reference part visibility problem

Hi

I am working on an assembly and idw, and my assembly has a number of reference parts in it.

Two patterns of reference parts are not appearing in the idw for some reason.

I can get them to appear by changing the view style to show hidden lines, and then the hidden lines appear and solid lines for all except the first instances also appear. When i turn off hidden lines, the hidden lines disappear leaving the solid lines of all but the first instances. Then if i change the reference data line style to try and show all the lines, they all now disappear again.

Hope i've explained this clearly - would really appreciate some help as i am completely stumped

Thanks

Matt

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: mattclarke

Matt,

Can you post images of what you are seeing?

Are these parts that you are having issues with possibly just surface parts with no geometry?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
mattclarke
in reply to: Cadmanto

Parts are definately solids, and i have set them to Reference parts in their document settings

In the attached pictures, you can see the 3 states i outlined earlier.

pic1 - not there at all

pic2 - hidden lines and solid lines (except first instance)

pic3 - solid lines (except first instance)

Its meant to show a simple rail track for a preliminary layout drawing

Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: mattclarke

Matt,

Try RCing on the view and editing it.  Then under the "Display Options" tab, under the "Section Standard Parts"

Try selecting "Always".  I know these are section options, but I have seen this work in similar cases like yours.

view.PNG

Plus, have you tried other selections in this dialog window to see if they make a difference?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5
mattclarke
in reply to: Cadmanto

Changed section standard parts to always, while the parts were currently visible - and the parts have disappeared again. Tried with never and obey browser settings, and no effect whatsoever.

Again if i change the style to hidden lines they come back again (see my earlier post)

I decided to change the margin to 100 to see if that made any difference, and now i have a new 4th state of visibilty!

still with parts missing, but different parts missing this time!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report