Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference part visability

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
161 Views, 2 Replies

Reference part visability

I have a part in my .iam that is selected "reference" in the occurrence tab.
I would like this part display normally in the .idw, i.e. normal visible
lines, hiding parts behind it and being hidden by parts in front of it. I
tried the "reference data display" options under "edit view", but those only
seem to control the line display, not the interaction with other parts.

In a nutshell I only want it to be "reference" so it won't affect the qty.
in the BOM (there is already a normal instance of this part in the assy)

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Brad
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have this same problem. Very frustrating when trying to write manuals. Did you happen to find an answer? Please let me know if you did.

Thank you
Message 3 of 3
kgrunawalt
in reply to: Anonymous

There are several options.

If you don't want the part to appear in any BOM in any assembly, you can change the part's bom structure to Phantom (document settings). Phantom parts appear normally in drawing views. This change will affect all assemblies that use the part.

You can override quantity on a bom row by making the quantity static. This is done by simply editing the QTY cell and typing a number. You cannot type this number to a parameter, so it will truely be static, overriding the instance counts. The ITEM QTY will not be affected.

You can override the view display of reference parts. I can't give you a detailed set of steps (I'm not a drawing dev and don't have Inventor in front of me). I think you can override the display per occurrence using the drawing browser -- not sure. You certainly can override the display of reference parts for an entire view. It sounds like you did this and did not get the desired result.

Hope this helps.
Katrin Grunawalt (Autodesk Dev.) Message was edited by: kgrunawalt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report