Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering rejected iPart table?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
108 Views, 7 Replies

Recovering rejected iPart table?

I just spent an hour making changes to an iPart table in Excel. Saving as I went. Closed Excel when I was done and get a message that "serious error found in table, converting to standard part" or something to that effect. Fair enough, but can I get my work back!!!!!????? Tony
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

OOPS - IV9 SP2 "A Vienneau" wrote in message news:41f12c08$1_1@newsprd01... > I just spent an hour making changes to an iPart table in Excel. Saving as I > went. Closed Excel when I was done and get a message that "serious error > found in table, converting to standard part" or something to that effect. > Fair enough, but can I get my work back!!!!!????? > > Tony > >
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

We are very sorry to hear about the issue. We are working with Microsoft to resolve this issue but haven't heard anything conclusive. I believe this is Excel related. Don't have any more information. Thanks. shekar "A Vienneau" wrote in message news:41f12c9a$1_2@newsprd01... > OOPS - IV9 SP2 > > "A Vienneau" wrote in message > news:41f12c08$1_1@newsprd01... > > I just spent an hour making changes to an iPart table in Excel. Saving as > I > > went. Closed Excel when I was done and get a message that "serious error > > found in table, converting to standard part" or something to that effect. > > Fair enough, but can I get my work back!!!!!????? > > > > Tony > > > > > >
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Ok, well what do I need to do to avoid losing too much work when this happens? Do I need to close the spread sheet and save the file as a copy or something? Is there an easier way? Should I avoid editing in Excel (kinda sounds like it) ? Thanks for any insight. Tony "Shekar Subrahmanyam[Autodesk]" wrote in message news:41f18dd0$1_2@newsprd01... > We are very sorry to hear about the issue. > > We are working with Microsoft to resolve this issue but haven't heard > anything conclusive. I believe this is Excel related. Don't have any more > information. Thanks. > > shekar > "A Vienneau" wrote in message > news:41f12c9a$1_2@newsprd01... > > OOPS - IV9 SP2 > > > > "A Vienneau" wrote in message > > news:41f12c08$1_1@newsprd01... > > > I just spent an hour making changes to an iPart table in Excel. Saving > as > > I > > > went. Closed Excel when I was done and get a message that "serious error > > > found in table, converting to standard part" or something to that > effect. > > > Fair enough, but can I get my work back!!!!!????? > > > > > > Tony > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

This just happened to me as well. I think it had to do with: 1. Editing using EXCEL 2. Not doing anything 3. Closing using the X at the corner and not FILE, CLOSE But I can't reproduce this. I was (probably lucky) to recover my work. Just immediately closed everything without saving. I usually save before I change documents, etc. So all I lost were the last edits to the iPart which wasn't too bad. -- Rui
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I thinking avoiding using Excel as much as possible would be one temporary solution. I haven't heard from anyone who has this problem when they don't use Excel. Thanks. shekar "A Vienneau" wrote in message news:41f194fb$1_1@newsprd01... > Ok, well what do I need to do to avoid losing too much work when this > happens? Do I need to close the spread sheet and save the file as a copy or > something? Is there an easier way? Should I avoid editing in Excel (kinda > sounds like it) ? > > Thanks for any insight. > > Tony > > > "Shekar Subrahmanyam[Autodesk]" wrote in > message news:41f18dd0$1_2@newsprd01... > > We are very sorry to hear about the issue. > > > > We are working with Microsoft to resolve this issue but haven't heard > > anything conclusive. I believe this is Excel related. Don't have any more > > information. Thanks. > > > > shekar > > "A Vienneau" wrote in message > > news:41f12c9a$1_2@newsprd01... > > > OOPS - IV9 SP2 > > > > > > "A Vienneau" wrote in message > > > news:41f12c08$1_1@newsprd01... > > > > I just spent an hour making changes to an iPart table in Excel. Saving > > as > > > I > > > > went. Closed Excel when I was done and get a message that "serious > error > > > > found in table, converting to standard part" or something to that > > effect. > > > > Fair enough, but can I get my work back!!!!!????? > > > > > > > > Tony > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Tony, The "iPart converting to standard part" bug was introduced with Inv9. Sp1 and Sp2 has not addressed the issue. Inv8 is free from this error. Inv9 now behaves sporadically with the same MS Office software installed. It appears to be related to changes made by AutoDesk as the cause and left in a state where it was deemed still usable with an "acceptable risk" to the customer in the current Inv9 format. This has caused many hours of rework as much of my work relates to complex iPart construction. Inv9 seems to behave with a little more certainty when a Rebuild All is invoked before making iPart edits using Excel. Work with small edits at a time between saves in Excel and close. The way you exit from Excel does not seem to increase your odds. This error was reported almost immediately after Inv9 was released with no fix since announced. I would like an announcement as to weather this error has been addressed (fixed) before the release of Inv10. This information should not affect any confidentiality issues. Kent Mathews
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I've had that happen to me lots. Not always, but very often I will get that crash whether I did anything in Excel or not. Only thing I know of is to save copy as in Excel (if I've done alot of work) before closing, just in case (as it happens often). That way, if it does crash, I can get my work back. Learned this the hard way, as usual. -- Scott M Inventor 9, SP2 Windows XP Pro Maxtor 60GB HD 3D Labs Wildcat VP560 64MB Intel Pentium4 2.4GHz 1GB RAM "Rui Vaz" <"ruivaz[remove]"@cadmais.pt> wrote in message news:41f20898$1_1@newsprd01... > This just happened to me as well. > > I think it had to do with: > 1. Editing using EXCEL > 2. Not doing anything > 3. Closing using the X at the corner and not FILE, CLOSE > > But I can't reproduce this. > > I was (probably lucky) to recover my work. Just immediately closed > everything without saving. I usually save before I change documents, etc. > > So all I lost were the last edits to the iPart which wasn't too bad. > > > -- > > > Rui

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report