Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommnedation for Touch Screen Laptop to run Inventor

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
sandyroman
381 Views, 0 Replies

Recommnedation for Touch Screen Laptop to run Inventor

Update on an old question:  Do I need a 3 Ghz CPU to run Autodesk Inventor on a laptop?

I have a medium level laptop, Toshiba Satellite C850.  Processor is Intel Celeron CPU B820 at 1.70 GHz
Installed memory is 4.00 GB , 64 bit operating system,  running windows 7 home premium, service pack 1. 

Not Running windows XP, nor the new version of windows 7.  Compared to the specs needed (12GB RAM...) this looks impossible. 

So this is my wife's computer, I don't have one currently.  I want to learn Autodesk and have the

opportunity to do so, but I would like to be able to work on it at home too.  Would Autodesk Inventor run adequately?

I don't want to attempt to install it and muck up her computer.  Getting into such a fiasco would be very bad and fixing takes

resources and time I don't have.  (Example:  The "delete the Temp File" does not match the path I see and I am wary of doing the wrong thing. )

If this laptop won't work, what would be a recommended laptop to run AutoDesk Inventor on?  There are single dual and qual cores, uqad cores may be the way of the future, but software gets more intensive and top heavy too....  so what will Autodesk Inventor look like in 2015, 2016, 2017?

Or is this software that can only run on a desktop?  That seems a drag as laptops allow flexibility.  I don't mind being plugged in to run it.....

I could buy Apple dual boot system or Windows.

I don't have a lot in the budget, as I am between jobs.  I certainly don't want to be so frugal that I buy something that will not run this application.  That would be a real waste  of time and money.  I am assuming Inventor 2015 must be run as opposed to older versions.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report