Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recognize Revit features from a sweep with a 3D-path

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
509 Views, 2 Replies

Recognize Revit features from a sweep with a 3D-path

When preparing an assembly for export to a Revit family, all features need to be recognized as Revit features. I have a part which consists of a sweep with a 3D path, 2 planar sketches projected to a 3D surface to be precise. To make matters worse, it's a sweep whose end meets it's own beginning (the intent of this specific model is to just satisfy a shape, not necessarily reflect the way it's going to be produced). To date I have not found a way to have this sweep feature recognized as a Revit feature, be it as a single feature or multiple. Any help would be much appreciated. I am running Inventor Professional 2014 on Windows 8 64-bit.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pcrawley
in reply to: Anonymous

Your options are a bit limited!  You can either find a way - but it seems like you've exhausted that route.  Or, take it into Revit as an ADSK format.

If you export from Inventor as ADSK, then you don't need to do any of the feature recognition.  If it's an assembly, you shrinkwrap it, then export the part using the BIM Exchange tool.  (You'll find .RFA is greyed out.)  It's only if you want to give the Revit user a Revit Family file (.RFA) that you need to go through the pain of recreating your entire model using modelling features that Revit can recognise.

Peter
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pcrawley

I guess .adsk files will have to do... Thanks for the reply!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report