Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Documents unpinning

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
exSWX
537 Views, 6 Replies

Recent Documents unpinning

If I pin a recent document from the home Tab, should it not remain Pinned until I Un Pin it?

Several times, a Pinned document will become Un Pinned. Is this a bug?

Autodesk Inventor 2021
Intel Xeon W3520 @ 2.67GHz
Win 10 Pro
6.7 System Rating
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

It might be an issue due to your registry permissions. To confirm there is a problem with the user registry. Please try the following.

1) create a new admin user without any local restriction => If the problem is not reproducible with the new admin user.
2) Log again with the user having the problem, go to the registry and after a back up of the registry delete the folder "Recent File List" folder available at this location: " HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion19.0\ => try again (this registry folder should be automatically recreated).

Hope it helps.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 7

Still unpinning randomly.

Autodesk Inventor 2021
Win 10 Pro
6.7 System Rating
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Message 4 of 7

If that doesn't solve the problem for a new user account as well, I am afraid we may need to do a clean Uninstall to address this issue - Clean the registry + temp file - Install again Inventor with UAC=off, Antivirus = Off and using an admin user without local restriction.

Hope it helps. let me know, if it doesn't work or not possible to do a reinstall.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 5 of 7

HI,

Doing a reinstall is not really practical.

Autodesk Inventor 2021
Win 10 Pro
6.7 System Rating
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for your update. Looks like there was a known issue here which has been already reported to our development team. You can check the below thread for details,

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/pinned-items-in-inventor-menu/m-p/5038200#...

I will discuss this issue further with our developers and get back to you with an update.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 7 of 7

So, almost 2 years to the day, and I still have an issue with the pinned documents falling off the Recently Used tab.

Now using 2017.

Autodesk Inventor 2021
Win 10 Pro
6.7 System Rating
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report