Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Reply
*Chasek, Jerry
Message 1 of 5 (53 Views)

Read Only Project/ Workgroup Files?

53 Views, 4 Replies
11-13-2002 04:00 AM
When I try to open a file or save a file I get this "Error Locking File". It
shows that project is read only and I have file open in another application,
but I don't have another file open. However I had the file crash yesterday
and I opened the file up while it was crashed. It still thinks the file is
open. I have went into properties and checked to see if it was read only and
it was so I checked it off, but it doesn't help even after a restart. How do
I get this read only problem fixed?

Jerry
*Keller, Kent
Message 2 of 5 (53 Views)

Re: Read Only Project/ Workgroup Files?

11-13-2002 04:48 AM in reply to: *Chasek, Jerry
Go into task manager and see if you see a instance of Inventor running in the process tab.
Kill it....unless of course you have one open on purpose

--
Kent
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program


"Jerry Chasek" wrote in message
news:3B1D15783F5FA79160C7AFA095E398CB@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> When I try to open a file or save a file I get this "Error Locking File". It
> shows that project is read only and I have file open in another application,
> but I don't have another file open. However I had the file crash yesterday
> and I opened the file up while it was crashed. It still thinks the file is
> open. I have went into properties and checked to see if it was read only and
> it was so I checked it off, but it doesn't help even after a restart. How do
> I get this read only problem fixed?
>
> Jerry
>
>
*Chasek, Jerry
Message 3 of 5 (53 Views)

Re:

11-13-2002 05:06 AM in reply to: *Chasek, Jerry
Nothing else is running in the task manager.


"Kent Keller" wrote in message
news:70F1C6E8642559C94B4FBDE50CD541AA@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Go into task manager and see if you see a instance of Inventor running in
the process tab.
> Kill it....unless of course you have one open on purpose
>
> --
> Kent
> Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
>
>
> "Jerry Chasek" wrote in message
> news:3B1D15783F5FA79160C7AFA095E398CB@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > When I try to open a file or save a file I get this "Error Locking
File". It
> > shows that project is read only and I have file open in another
application,
> > but I don't have another file open. However I had the file crash
yesterday
> > and I opened the file up while it was crashed. It still thinks the file
is
> > open. I have went into properties and checked to see if it was read only
and
> > it was so I checked it off, but it doesn't help even after a restart.
How do
> > I get this read only problem fixed?
> >
> > Jerry
> >
> >
>
>
*Keller, Kent
Message 4 of 5 (53 Views)

Re:

11-13-2002 05:27 AM in reply to: *Chasek, Jerry
"Jerry Chasek" wrote in message
news:3AF3DB75DB0CDE1A5F4ACE51A0DE0006@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Nothing else is running in the task manager.
>

Can you post the file to customer files?

--
Kent
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
*Keller, Kent
Message 5 of 5 (53 Views)

Re:

11-13-2002 11:01 PM in reply to: *Chasek, Jerry
Jerry

Don't know why I didn't think of this before. In Windows explorer make
sure in ....Tools.....Folder Options.....View tab, make sure you have "Show
hidden files and folders" checked. Then maybe you will see a file with a
.lck or something like that extension. Try renaming it or moving it out of
the folder and seeing if that helps.

--
Kent Keller
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

http://www.MyMcad.com/KWiK/Mcad.htm

"Kent Keller" wrote in message
news:6FFF80EE05084DEDA27C7EAF36084289@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> "Jerry Chasek" wrote in message
> news:3AF3DB75DB0CDE1A5F4ACE51A0DE0006@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Nothing else is running in the task manager.
> >
>
> Can you post the file to customer files?
>
> --
> Kent
> Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
>
>
>
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.