Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-lettering View Identifiers

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
DRoam
2692 Views, 5 Replies

Re-lettering View Identifiers

HI,

I'm making a drawing in Inventor and I have several views and details and sections. Throughout making the drawing, I've created and deleted views. Whenever I do this, say the first view I placed was 'L', and then I delete view 'L', and make a new view. Inventor automatically labels this view 'M' instead of 'L', even though I don't have an 'L' view. This has caused me to have big gaps in the lettering of my views. Is there a way to "reset" the lettering so Inventor goes back through and re-letters everything starting from 'A'?

Thanks for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: DRoam

Welcome to the forum.

See if this thread helps you.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/How-do-I-reset-the-view-identifier-number-in-the-idw...

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
karthur1

Thats an age-old problem that has been logged, but sadly never addressed.

Here is a link to a post about this issue from 2006.  It was logged as ID 865597.  Maybe someoone can look this up and give us a status Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
DRoam

Unfortunate there's not a way to do that 😕 thanks all for the help.

Message 5 of 6
dennishoegh
in reply to: karthur1

This is still a returning issue for several reasons.
Do you have a status on this 8 year old issue? (Logged as ID 865597, see above)

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
monica.thommen
in reply to: karthur1

r-click on the arrow, select 'edit first text' or 'edit second text' depending on which arrow you want to update. Then you can use the 'add parameter' button to drop the view identifier into the text field.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report