Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Attach Hole Notes

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rhasell
708 Views, 7 Replies

Re-Attach Hole Notes

Hey all

This is a normal day at the office, I make a large change to a drawing etc and Dimensions, Leaders, Centerlenes and marks all become detached.

This is NORMAL and Expected, before anyone flames Inventor (SW Users). It is just a matter on drag and drop to re-attach everything.

The only issue I have, is that the Hole Notes have to be deleted and re-created. Just a minor irritation, but perhaps someone can shed some light on why it is only the Hole note which will not re-attach.

HOLE NOTES.JPG

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Yijiang.Cai
in reply to: rhasell

Based on the issue you talked, it looks we got the similar issue from another customer, and this should be addressed in R2013 SP1.1. So could you confirm which version of Inventor you are using? And could you please attach the dataset or send it to me @ river-yijiang.cai@autodesk.com for further investigation?

For this issue, could you retry it with "Enable backgraound updates" off within application options -> Drawing -> Capacity/Performance? Does this work fine for you?

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 8
rhasell
in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

Hi

Thank you, Please see attached. (2 of the parts had to be rolledup)

I am running 2013 sp1.1 (Not update 1 yet)

This is an engineering drawing, so its a mess.

Have a look at the offsheet "Plan View", Change the View Orientation from "Bottom" to "Top"

You may ask why? Being an engineering drawing, things happen in stages, This started out as a symetrical part, then it changed... I then discovered that I was detailing everything "upside down"

I am not expecting anything to work correctly, as it's a big change, The Hole notes become completely orphaned, and cannot be re-attached.

Reg
Message 4 of 8
Yijiang.Cai

Thank you to provide the dataset here! With investigation, the EOP marker has been moved to top node in two parts, so the geometries in two parts are suppressed, and the projecting curves referenced by annotations in drawing will be missing. When moving the EOP to bottom in two parts, one is "12081-HDF2-SHRT.ipt", and the other is ‘12081-HDF2-LNG[1].ipt", then open the drawing, the annotation will work fine. Please see the attached image for result.

Hope it helpful for you!

Thanks,
River Cai

Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 8
rhasell

Hi, thanks. I am aware of the EOP. I mentioned it in the post. I had to roll them up to reduce file size. The drawing was stripped to its bare bones, fasteners removed, ilogic deleted and anything else I could find to reduce the file size.(1.5M) max.

I was interested in why the hole note dies, it is not necessarily a problem, perhaps it just the nature of the tool and having orphaned dimensions visible is just something to help the user see what was there to help them re-create the view?
Reg
Message 6 of 8
Yijiang.Cai

Thank you to make it more clear. For the drawing document, it is always associative with the changes in base model. When the model is changed, the drawing document will be requested to be updated when open it. When the geometry that the hole note is attached is missing, it will need to be re-attached. Anyway, we could open the drawing using "defer update" option, and the drawing document will loaded fine, but the drawing document will not be asscociative with the changes in model. Please see the attached image for more details.

Hope it helpful for you!

Thanks,
River Cai

Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 8
SBix26

I tried this and it works just as you would expect-- an orphan hole annotation shows on the drawing as pink with a blue dot at the center of the hole.  I am able to drag it by the end of the arrow to another hole edge and it attaches to that one and turns black.  I wonder what's different at your end.

Message 8 of 8
LT.Rusty
in reply to: SBix26

I think I may have seen the same issue here.

There's times when the orphaned hole note is pink, and can be re-attached, but there's also times when it turns gray instead, and then you cannot re-attach it to anything.  Ever.  The annoying part is that you also can't open it up to copy-paste any custom text that you may have entered.

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report