Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ray tracing problem

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
WillStephenson
1208 Views, 8 Replies

Ray tracing problem

however this is what happens after ray tracing is enabled (at any level of quality)

Untitled1.png

My current place of education has only had this software for couple of weeks and the staff do not understand the software so any feedback is much appreciated. (i have also included the lowermechanism used in final assembly although i doubt this is a contributing factor)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
admaiora
in reply to: WillStephenson

Pardon me,

i have not understand which is the problem.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
sam_m
in reply to: admaiora

I think it's the change of the wood texture on the side of the parts going from a brown wood to a grey concrete when raytraced.

It would help to know the software version and patch-status - as I don't want to download to find out it's in 2015 and I'm using 2014.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 4 of 9
sam_m
in reply to: sam_m

yup, looks like it's a 2015 file as I can't open with 2014.

OP - please specify your software version for every new topic, thanks.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 5 of 9
admaiora

Hi Will, did you use an Autodesk Library Material?

Anyway, you have only to reduce the reflective factor of the wood material.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
mcgyvr

That appearance has a relief pattern and the finish is "semi-gloss"

Set finish to unfinished and that goes away.. turn off the relief pattern and the "texture" goes away..

I have not found a good document from Autodesk explaining all the options for appearances and how they effect each other,etc...

At this point I just press buttons hoping I will get the desired output.. Then raytrace.. then adjust.. then raytrace.. then adjust,etc...

I guess they assume we all experts in rendering engines and texture options and know all this stuff already.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 9
WillStephenson

Thank you, yes the material was from the libary i was just amiss as to why it was changing to a concrete like apperance. Would like to add how helpful this community is, real benifit to the software.

Message 8 of 9
WillStephenson

Sorry i'll include that information if i post again
Message 9 of 9
mcgyvr

@admaiora wrote:

Hi Will, did you use an Autodesk Library Material?

Anyway, you have only to reduce the reflective factor of the wood material.

Thats where some better information from Autodesk on how it all works together would be great.. 

For example.. Say I have a wood finish that I KNOW has a "glossy finish" how would one be able to keep the option as "glossy" and get rid of that washed out serious gray tint that occurs there.. 

It just seems like there is a serious disconnect between out of the box appearances that Autodesk has created and real life.. 

That wood may have a "glossy finish" but why should a user then have to pick "satin" or "unfinished"just to get it to look "real".. just doesn't seem right.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report