Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAL Colours, Powdercoated

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ENRAD
2843 Views, 5 Replies

RAL Colours, Powdercoated

Is there any RAL/Powdercoat colourstyles available, or does anyone have recomendations on how to create them so the look as natural as possible.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ENRAD
in reply to: ENRAD

Never mind about the RAL colour styles, I found it here

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/qaID.asp?tip=4497

However, how about powder coat apperance style

Message 3 of 6
n.schotten

But still. The RAL colour pallete should be standard in the material/appearance library.

Message 4 of 6
ENRAD
in reply to: n.schotten

Oh yes it should.

Added to that, Inventor should also calculate with the thicknes of the powder-coat, since it can create problems if one does'nt take it in account.

Message 5 of 6
kelly.young

@ENRAD Check out some of these search results and a few video results, they might point you in the right direction. Always be cautious when downloading from third party sites.

Here's how I used to accomplish this: If your powdercoater doesn't have digital files of all the colors to provide (mine did not) I would recommend taking your powdercoat samples (assuming you have a large ring of options like most places I've worked at do) and scanning them with the photocopier or going outside into natural light and taking a good photograph (which is what I did). Then create bump maps like the videos or searches show and generate your own powdercoat appearances to use. It is a bit more work but turns out a good looking product that matches what is actually physically available. If you can get the material looking good enough to fool people you know you're doing something right.

Message 6 of 6
NigelHay

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report