Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raised Cabinet Door Design

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Bernie38
2650 Views, 9 Replies

Raised Cabinet Door Design

Does anyone have any raised cabinet door design that they would like to share.  Am trying to figure out best approach in the design using Inventor.

Thanks  Bernie

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mpatchus
in reply to: Bernie38

Here's a basic raised panel cabinet door.

Cabinet Door.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 10
Bernie38
in reply to: mpatchus

Thanks,  I was looking at dong it by extruding from the end then side.  This makes more sense.  Are there any Inventor Add-ins for this type of project?

Message 4 of 10
mpatchus

Not sure if there are any add-ins available.

I do a lot of woodworking and I've taken the time to create an iFeature for each of my router bits.

This allows me to quickly use one of my bits to create profiles for moldings, edge details, etc.

I just start with my wood blank, trim it to finished size, and apply the appropriate iFeature.

Do a search on YouTube for ifeatures. 

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 5 of 10
JDMather

I am not sure why Mike didn't use multibody solids techniques for his example, but I recommend checking out that technique for something like this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
mpatchus
in reply to: JDMather

Multibody solids could be done of course, but for woodworking projects I tend to shy away from them.

I want each piece to be its own individual model.

At some point in the near future I plan on adding a CNC router table to my workshop and have Inventor drive the router.

Just need to come up with the $$$$.   lol

Inventor 2025 Beta

Message 7 of 10
LT.Rusty
in reply to: mpatchus

@mpatchus wrote:

Multibody solids could be done of course, but for woodworking projects I tend to shy away from them.

I want each piece to be its own individual model.

At some point in the near future I plan on adding a CNC router table to my workshop and have Inventor drive the router.

Just need to come up with the $$$$.   lol

That's not quite as simple as it sounds.  Hopefully it'll get better when the full version of HSM for Inventor comes out (HSMXpress is neat, but I need 3D capability), but in the meantime ...  right now my workflow is to create the models in Inventor, with extra sketches to define boundary areas for different operations; then export it as a STEP with sketches; import that into Visual Mill and hope like (insert warm place here) that it works because it doesn't, at least half the time; then set up my toolpaths; then post the G-code; then open that up with Mach3 (at home) or the ShopSabre program (at work), and then hope like (insert warm place here) there's no issues.

CNC router is fun, but getting my models to the CAM software from Inventor is a lot less fun.

(I have a ShopSabre 3636 at work and at Vision 2448 at home.  The Vision has been hacked to run Mach3 instead of the proprietary software.)

Rusty

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
jsullens

You might want to check out Windom Tech on YouTube.  They take the multi-body Solid modeling approach and I believe they use a third party plug-ins to select wood and run interference checks etc.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WidomTech?feature=watch

Regards,

Johnny

Message 9 of 10
waynefisher

Here is a fun project I am willing to share. This assembly has some good vba code and user interface for controling the door size, panel material, and door panel edge treatment. This should give you a good idea of how to proceed to build your own vba programs for your business. Any issues or questions reply here. Enjoy!

Cabinet Door Macro.JPG

Message 10 of 10
KamDer
in reply to: LT.Rusty

There's a tool called Woodwork for Inventor that solves CNC related problems. It creates CNC programs automatically and you don't have to bother with all the manual programming. 

You can check it out here:

https://www.woodworkforinventor.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report