Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

radio button boxs

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
msklein
596 Views, 7 Replies

radio button boxs

Is there a setting to turn of the auto rollup for radio button boexes. years ago when they tried this auto roll up there was, but i looked and could not find one now.

thanks

msk

IV2012

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
bobvdd
in reply to: msklein

Do you mean automatic roll-up of dialogs (I don't see how you can roll-up a radio button)?

You can find this functionality by right clicking on the banner of the dialog.

autohide.jpg 

Auto-hide is only available on dialogs that do NOT have a mini-toolbar.

So you will not see it on the Extrude dialog for instance.

On such dialogs , use the collapse/expand arrow at the bottom of the dialog.

collapsed.jpg

Cheers

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 3 of 8
msklein
in reply to: bobvdd

Bob,

No, I want all my dialog boxes to allways be expanded, not collapsed. So how do I set it so those that automaticly open collapsed, open fully expanded. Didn't like this feature before back around IV6-7 still not impressed with it.

Message 4 of 8
bobvdd

I don't know off a switch to expand all dialogs by default.

By default the dialogs are all expanded. If some of them are collapsed that means that at some point you manually collapsed them and you will have to individually expand them to return to the default state. Sorry.

Bob.

Bob Van der Donck

Message 5 of 8
BMiller63

To Autodesk:

If you're going to F*** with the interface, you must create an option to set it back as it was in the past. How can the developers not have gotten this message yet? I'll tell you how, they have not listened to the user base who has expressed unhappiness about these things over and over for years. Smiley Mad

Bob, please pick up the phone, or write an email, or walk down the hall and make sure somebody at the Inventor development office understands this. PLEASE!

Message 6 of 8
msklein

JUST loaded the 2012 and on first time open they all come up scrolled up. As I said I remember this being done before back around IV6-8 and at least at that time there was a setting so we could turn it off. It was removed a couple of versions later. Why bring it back, waste of time. I'd still rather see a real working spell checker, not that limited  sorry of an excuse from "MS". Been asking since IV3 for one, with a real engineering dictionary.

I'm going to hammer for a Spell Checker till we get one or I retire, whichever accrues first.

msk

Message 7 of 8
bobvdd

We looked around in the code and we found an undocumented environment variable that can achieve automatic expansion of following 6 dialogs: Extrude, Revolve, Fillet, Chamfer, Face draft and Move face.

Variable Name: INVENTOR_ROLL_DOWN_DIALOG

Variable Value: YES

To implement the variable, you will have to close Inventor, add the user variable via the Control panel and restart Inventor to read the variable.

Note that all this will not prevent you from temporarily collapsing any of these dialogs but on the next use of the dialog, the dialog will come up in expanded mode as long as the variable remains set.

Cheers

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Message 8 of 8
msklein

THANKS

MSK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report