Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unresolved parts" when opening multiple assemblies.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jfreriks
299 Views, 9 Replies

"Unresolved parts" when opening multiple assemblies.

When I open up multiple assemblies at the same time Inventor cant find some of the part files, even though they are on my system.  Many times if the part is in an assembly more than once, some of the instances will be there and only one or two instances will be "unresolved", of the exact same part. I can open each assembly one at a time and it will be fine, but that can be time assuming. I wasn’t able to find any other threads with a similar problem.  Has anyone seen this before, or know what might be causing it?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
cbenner
in reply to: jfreriks

Are your assembly files which contain these parts, and the part files themselves, all within the search paths set up in Inventor?  Are they all in your project location?

Message 3 of 10
jfreriks
in reply to: cbenner

Everything is in the search paths and project file. It all opens up fine if I just open one assembly at a time, but when I open more than one at a time random parts will be missing. 

Message 4 of 10
Infoseeker

Are the parts that are giving u problems regular parts or CC parts? Are you using Vault?

Message 5 of 10
jfreriks
in reply to: Infoseeker

Most of the parts are custom iParts, some are a standard part.  We don't use any CC parts. We are using the vault.  Both the factory member and the member itself are on my system.

Message 6 of 10
Infoseeker

And you have one project file, obviously? And your files are stored where the .ipj file can find it?

Message 7 of 10
jfreriks

Correct

Message 8 of 10
Infoseeker

Thats weird. Never heard of it.

The only thing I could suggest, check it all in, delete all the files from your workspace, get all the files from vault back on your pc, make sure you have all of them.

For me, sometimes I have to get CC files separately, eventhou they should come with the assembly when you do get/check out... If I wont do it I get "unresolved" error.

Maybe it comes from duplicated names...?

Try above, hope it helps.

Message 9 of 10
jfreriks

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. I've been trying to duplicate it so I can get a screen shot and post it on here, but of corse all the parts are coming in when I try now.  When it happens again i will give that a shot and see what happens.  Thanks.

Message 10 of 10
Infoseeker

Did you try deleting your workspace and getting latest version of a complete file?

Lots of problems can come from messy workspace, inventor is all about being organized.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report