Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unable to create component" from content center

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
schnautza
2850 Views, 3 Replies

"Unable to create component" from content center

Today, all of a sudden, my coworkers and I cannot place standard parts from our content center (there are only three of us). We are not using Vault - but we have set up our Content Center to access a network location:

N:\Standards\Inventor\Content Center Files\Libraries\

This has worked for months ever since we set it up. Problems just started today for all of us. Parts that DO work are parts that you have to tell it an extruded length (like structural steel or tube/pipe). Nothing else will work (fasteners, pipe fittings, shaft collars, etc).

Interestingly, if I select to insert the part "as custom" instead of "as standard", all parts work like they should.

For the parts that do not work, I can navigate through all of the menus to select parts, but instead of getting the "Save As" dialogue, I get the "Unable to create component" error message.

What's going on?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
schnautza
in reply to: schnautza

Never mind - I figured out the problem.

Our IT department set the 'Standards' folder to read-only...which meant the content center could not write any parts to it's location. I had them give the couple of Inventor users full read/write access to that subfolder, and it is back to normal.

Message 3 of 4
matyas.hruska
in reply to: schnautza

Hi how did you fixed it? I dont know how to give the inventor users full read/write access to that subfolder. Can you help me? 

Thx. M.

Message 4 of 4

Hi Matyas,

Your question is a bit vague. Are you using PDM solution like Vault? How do you manage your files? Are you trying to set up a shared drive where all users can access to and save CC parts?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report