Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Un-Author" a Tube & Pipe Fitting

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
mpatchus
1259 Views, 10 Replies

"Un-Author" a Tube & Pipe Fitting

I have a couple of users who accidently added connections to the wrong parts and made them fittings.

For the life of me I cannot remember how to turn them back into regular Inventor parts.

I've removed the connection points, but the parts still appear as fittings when placed into an assembly.

Anyone care to help this tired old brain out?

Thanks in advance... Mike

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
cwhetten
in reply to: mpatchus

Does it work to just delete the work points and axes that are created by the authoring process?  I've never had to deal with the problem you described, but if I need to re-author a fitting, this seems to work.

Message 3 of 11
cbenner
in reply to: cwhetten

Yes, removing the work points and axes will effectively un-author the fitting.  If it has been published to the CC, you'll have to either delete it from there and republish it,... or do a "replace family template" on it.

Message 4 of 11
mpatchus
in reply to: cbenner

I've removed the work points and axes completely from the part, saved the part to our library, and checked it back into Vault.

When I insert the part into an assembly it still comes in as a fitting.

Also any existing assemblies still show the part as a fitting.

I'm stumped.

Fitting.JPG

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 5 of 11
cwhetten

I tried your part and it shows up as a fitting for me, too.  Doing a "Save As" had no effect.

Once it was placed into an assembly, if I did a copy and paste to add a second one, the second one shows as an ordinary part...  Probably not an acceptable workaround, but it's interesting behavior.

I couldn't find any more info on this, so I'm stumped.  There must be some switch buried in the part that tells inventor that this is a fitting.

There may be something in the API that will let you hack the part open to toggle it back to a normal part, but that's foreign territory to me.

Message 6 of 11
NicolasXu

Hi,

Besides the work features, there are some attributes are added by the Authoring process. There is a solution to remove Tube and Pipe authoring from part, please take a look.

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS13404549

Thanks,

Nicolas

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 11
mpatchus
in reply to: NicolasXu

Thats it Nicolas!!!

Thanks so much!

Inventor 2025 Beta

Message 8 of 11
cwhetten

Hah!  That's great!  Thanks, Nicolas.  That was too hard to find, but I forget to check the knowledge base site for things like this.

Message 9 of 11
cbenner

cwhetten et al...

Copying and pasting a fitting, while in the tube & pipe system... is a baaaaad idea.  it may not do anything outside of routed systems,... but in tube & pipe, it will result in you NOT being able to ever delete that fitting.  Strange, and I assume, not intended behavior.  Sometimes, "restore fitting" will get rid of it..... but usually the only fix is to delete the entire pipe route and start over.

Just thought I'd add my two cents....

Message 10 of 11
milan4

Hello,

Can you link again it is not working?

Regards,

Milan

Message 11 of 11
IgorMir

Here is a piece of code, which does it. It is not my one. I just found it on this forum a few years ago. Unfortunately - I didn't make a note of it author than. But my thanks to him is still valid and current.
Cheers,
Igor.
--------------------------------------------------

Sub RemoveTPAuthoringInfo()
Dim oProperty As Property
Set oProperty = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.PropertySets.Item("32853F0F-3444-11d1-9E93-0060B03C1CA6").ItemByPropId(56)

oProperty.Value = ""
End Sub

"Thank you to use Tube and Pipe Authoring tool. There is no direct way to remove the authoring info. Here is one attached .txt file containing VBA code, which will help to remove all authoring info. Steps are as below.
1. Open the authored part .
2. Copy code vba code to VBA editor and run it."

Web: www.meqc.com.au

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report