Inventor General Discussion

Reply
*peebles, scott
Message 1 of 4 (210 Views)

"rounddown" command?

210 Views, 3 Replies
11-04-2002 12:18 AM
Is there a command for "rounding down" numbers when working with parameter
equations???

For example, I want to use this equation to determine the number of mounting
holes in a variable length part: # holes = ((overall length - (dist from
end x 2)) / rough hole spacing) rounded down



I will then take this "rounded down" number and use it to determine the
spacing between holes: hole spacing = (overall length - (dist from end x
2)) / (# holes - 1)

I know this can be done by linking to an excel file but I thought there
should be a way to accomplish these equations in IV without having to link
to an excel file.

Is there a better way to accomplish this???

Thanks
Scott
*KJohnson
Message 2 of 4 (210 Views)

Re: "rounddown" command?

11-04-2002 12:39 AM in reply to: *peebles, scott
try the function ceil. Look on www.sdotson.com for a pdf explaining all the
functions in inventor.

Kathy Johnson
"scott peebles" wrote in message
news:2AEA312D12675C6C0EF00007BA6D56C7@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Is there a command for "rounding down" numbers when working with parameter
> equations???
>
> For example, I want to use this equation to determine the number of
mounting
> holes in a variable length part: # holes = ((overall length - (dist from
> end x 2)) / rough hole spacing) rounded down
>
>
>
> I will then take this "rounded down" number and use it to determine the
> spacing between holes: hole spacing = (overall length - (dist from end x
> 2)) / (# holes - 1)
>
> I know this can be done by linking to an excel file but I thought there
> should be a way to accomplish these equations in IV without having to link
> to an excel file.
>
> Is there a better way to accomplish this???
>
> Thanks
> Scott
>
>
*Keller, Kent
Message 3 of 4 (210 Views)

Re:

11-04-2002 12:45 AM in reply to: *peebles, scott
Actually wouldn't it be floor that he wants.. .. unless I am reading it wrong.

--
Kent
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program


"KJohnson" wrote in message
news:9D857514D2FD8B307FBC5494D0D33162@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> try the function ceil. Look on www.sdotson.com for a pdf explaining all the
> functions in inventor.
>
*KJohnson
Message 4 of 4 (210 Views)

Re:

11-04-2002 12:47 AM in reply to: *peebles, scott
Yes you are correct. You also must have the function in the brackets as
coming out as unitless. Then multiply the floor()*1in or whatever.

Kathy Johnson
"Kent Keller" wrote in message
news:44F056DFC94CFA390842A91D91E41C56@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Actually wouldn't it be floor that he wants.. .. unless I am reading it
wrong.
>
> --
> Kent
> Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
>
>
> "KJohnson" wrote in message
> news:9D857514D2FD8B307FBC5494D0D33162@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > try the function ceil. Look on www.sdotson.com for a pdf explaining all
the
> > functions in inventor.
> >
>
>
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.