Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Return" button missing

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
drguitarum2005
1908 Views, 10 Replies

"Return" button missing

This just started happening to me yesterday and still persists today even through a restart, etc. When I double click a component to edit it within an assembly, the "Return" button (entire command group) is missing. If I change the dock position, the Return button is back and when I change the dock position back to where it was, the Return button is back. Any idea what this bug is?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: drguitarum2005

What version of Inventor.

Someone else reported similar behavior recently - but didn't pursue the problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 11
Ktelang

is "Ctrl+Enter" working.. if you haven't customized it to something different

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Config :: Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E31245 @ 3.30 GHz, 16.0 GB, 64bit win7
Inventor 2013 and Vault Basic 2013
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 11
blair
in reply to: Ktelang

I might just do the old RMB on the menu header area and select the "Reset" from the Ribbon Menu drop-down.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 11

Sorry guys, this is Inventor Professional 2013, 64-bit edition, Build 176, Release 2013 SP1.1

I did a reset on the ribbon button (don't have much customization) and Inventor crashed...

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

I am using the same build and I can also confirm similar behavior. Another associated problem is that when using sketch recovery to correct broken references, Inventor does not expand the browser to the appropriate feature and sketch as it once did. Before the issue started, the part being edited from inside the assembly would be the only item in the browser not greyed out, now everything is greyed out in the browser when performing in-assembly edits.
Message 7 of 11

Hi! Based on the behavior you describe, it seems like a .Net 4.5 compatibility issue. Please install R2013 SP2 and let me know if it is fixed.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21702054&linkID=9242019

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 11
jweiss1313
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hello Johnson,

I have a user who is having this issue with Inventor Professional 2018.1.  Any ideas what could be causing this?  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 9 of 11
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jweiss1313

Hi John,

There is a little bit context missing here. The quickest thing to try is to use Inventor Reset Utility. Go to All Programs -> Autodesk -> Autodesk Inventor Professional 2018 -> Tools ->  Inventor Reset Utility -> reset the registry.

Does it help?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 11
jweiss1313
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I will give the Inventor reset a try.

The user is designing a sheet metal part in the context of an assembly.  He creates his first sketch, and when he exits the sketch environment the entire "Return button disappears!.  The problem is intermittent and has happened twice now in the same assembly.

I edited the same part and created a new sketch and when I exited the sketch the "Return" button did not disappear.  I did hit the undo button and I was able to get back to the step where the button was not visible.

I hope this provided some additional information.  I will perform a reset for the user tomorrow and post an update to this thread.

Thanks for your speedy response to this issue.

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 11 of 11
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: jweiss1313

@jweiss1313

Does this only happen with sheet metal parts, or just this sheet metal part..   Have you tried the workflow on other types of parts?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report